• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Welcome to the new forums

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
Lots of new stuff, hopefully most of it works :wink:

Not completely setup yet, moderators are not assigned and such. A lot of things just don't migrate properly or at all. PM's did though :!:

The old forums will remain open for posting in the test area so if people need to leave a message there because they can't get in here they can.

Still a lot of housekeeping to do, but thought we would get it up and running and work the kinks out and hope you all don't mind if a little remodeling work continues.:wink:

Oop, just noticed the smilies are broken.

I will start a sticky topic so people can add observations about things gone amiss. Please sound off with any opinions, likes and dislikes. Consider it a WIP :!: <-- that's the thumbs-up smiley.

Another couple of .. ahem... features :)

Avatars did not migrate, so people have the fun of adding those to there profiles if they like (let me know if you need help)

Birthdays did not migrate, so everyone's birthday is set to Jan 1st. Remember to update that in your profile while you are there :!: (Set it to whatever you like, it isn't used for much more than displaying your age.)

Looks and feels great Reese!

To edit your profile, it is the first tab (User CP) in the tool bar at the top of the screen.

Editing your profile picture and avatar picture are 2 seperate functions and allows you the option to upload 2 different images for members to view:

1) Editing your profile picture = is for viewing inside your profile only.
2) Editing your avatar = is for your viewing your pic associated with your your tag name when posting to threads. You may use the link of your avatar from the old site when adding it to your new site profile.

You can find this and additional general help in the FAQ tab (5th tab) in the tool bar.

Last edited:
LOL, honestly I am not digging grey boxes around the posts. Looks like a quote box to me. Will see how it works out or if it 'grows' on me ;)

Looks amazing!
I like the header images and how they change all the time.
All this looks like A LOT of work!
Que siga la fiesta!

Wow. Wow! This is fantastic!

I only just now figured out the new board was up...

Hope to be seeing a lot of you guys here.

Ed

Great job on this!

I really like the new layout with the scrolling photo montage on the top of the page (and was quite honored to see some of my devil dogs in the mix. ).

Back