• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by FATJOHNY

1. F

The fun thing about trucks

That looks fantastic. Seeing it full of troops just makes it that much better. You Did a great job.
  2. F

New DiD figure Preveiwed "Josef Wunsche"

Not a Nazi fan, but what a great figure. I will buy the nide. DiD does some great uniforms. Can't wait for the next American.
  3. F

New Line Boots

Thanks everyone for the answers to my questions. I Emailed BR and Louis said this is what was sent by NewLine this time. He told me he would mail out a different pair (worn look) If he does'nt want these back, I'll try the polish method. Having sold leather coats in my youth, I know there are...
  4. F

New Line Boots

I just received a pair of roughouts with the leggings. The pair in the picture appears to be a smooth leather and somewhat worn. The pair I received looks like the pair you buy seperate, more like a suede and very light color.Is there a process to make them look like the other pair. If I'm...
  5. F

How to remove paint from HS cleanly

Well my EasyOff had no effect. Now I'm open to suggestions. Is the paint so thick it cannot simply be primed over? Do all the artists who repaint headsculpts clean all the paint off? John S
  6. F

Kenneth is soaking in EasyOff.I'll let you know how it turns out.
  7. F

In the old days it was. Alot of the newer stuff is resin. Again, I I have not tried it. I will repost when I am done. Of course I will use a Dragon HS to test it on. Just to make sure it does not have ill effects on the plastic. But as far as removing paint. I know it works.I be back... John...
  8. F

When repainting Warhammer figures, I would soak them in EasyOff oven cleaner. and then washed well. It worked great and not as toxic as Acetone.I have not tried it yet so be carefull.Hey, I'll try it now and post my results. John Schafer
  9. F

And The Winners Are........... (Sd.Kfz 250 contest results)

Congrats to all the winners. And thanks for all who entered . All of them were worthy, and were great to check out. Very cool :cool: :cool: :cool: John Schafer
  10. F

Calender Contest?

Is anyone actually working on this? John Schafer
  11. F

Sd.Kfz 250 Contest Peoples Choice Award

Man that is a tough vote. I'm glad I did'nt see the votes until after I voted. I may have swayed. I think all are great. And a special something to BigRedOne for the great humor.I could almost see them moving in a stop motion. Very creative.Good luck too all the great artists who entered...
  12. F

AH 250 - Completed

FANTASTIC!!!!! Consider putting a tutorial on weathering for the average modeler. That piece would be great for the SAG calander(If there were one)
  13. F

Stuart Progress UPDATE!

Big Red One You stated you have three Mac bibs.Are you able to part with one? Also what other figures came with those goggles? Are the Mac goggles the same as the pair which came with Patton? I am not a fan of the Josh Akerman goggles. and want to replace them. Are the Mike Walker bibs and...
  14. F

Sherman tank

That is beautiful work. But thank you more for showing your garage. I showed my wife so she could see it's not just me. :lol: :lol: :lol: John Schafer
  15. F

Calender Contest?

This is a great idea. maybe if not to much trouble, have some history on significant events. I would think it would not be to hard to find a couple Etailers to kickin a little sponsorship for some add space. And they could all sell them on their website. And like you said (Leatherneck). The...
Back