• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Jim Fowler

1. Jim Fowler

New line of retro-inspired figures

I say kill 2 birds with one stone......Make him available as a US Tanker! Jim Fowler
  2. Jim Fowler

Exclusive onesixth.co.uk Interview With Dragon Models – Not Out of 1/6th Just Resting

I tend to agree with you, it doesn't make sense. But, then again, I don't see much significance in the responses within the article - I wouldn't expect anything less, no matter what Dragon's game plan was - no company is going to say their done in a given market and close the door of...
  3. Jim Fowler

Kurt Knispel body found.

I think he would be a great subject for a production figure! I think its long past due. I am glad to see he was finally found, I guess even in death he was willing to let others go ahead of him.... Best Wishes, Jim Fowler
  4. Jim Fowler

Is Dragon leaving the 1/6 market?

I don't know guys, But, with the delays in bringing the Firefly to market, I think DML is putting the 1/6 stuff on the back-burner. I think we are in for a long dry-spell...... Well, times and markets change. And, we have to as well.... Jim Fowler
  5. Jim Fowler

Is the DML Firefly getting close ?

Well, I am left wondering what was so wrong it caused a six month delay in the kit's release? Or, what differences in existing parts will this kit improve or change? Is this delay all in the making of a cast upper hull and main gun parts? Are they giving it different tracks? What made...
  6. Jim Fowler

Yeah, makes you think......
  7. Jim Fowler

What do you guys think about a U.S. 1/6th manafacture

Well, I think the approach is wrong. What I mean is forget about making figures, there are lots available. Instead, start by making the gear and the clothes/uniforms. Look to sell that as a start, then if that goes well, look into producing whole figures... Just my thoughts, Jim Fowler
  8. Jim Fowler

DiD M. Wittmann Tiger Ace limited edition

I don't know if I totally agree. See, a lot of the photos of him seem to be taken in the field; and there he looks much thinner in the face and more hollowed around the eyes - as you would expect. But, the figure seems to be fashioned more possibly from picture of him on leave. I think the...
  9. Jim Fowler

DiD M. Wittmann Tiger Ace limited edition

Well, I see several places are taking pre-orders on the general release of the Wittmann figure; but, it does not come with that awesome base. Well, even without the base, its a very impressive figure; and, I hope to get one. I think Otto Carius and Kurt Knispel would e two good "Panzer Aces"...
  10. Jim Fowler

1/6th Diecast WWII Harley-Davidson Military

The ZY-Toy version is a bit different from the Toy-Model version. First, the ZY version is part plastic and metal and the Toy-Model version is all metal. They are to completely different model creations as ZY vesrsion's frame is closer to the original, but the fuel tank shape on the Toy-Model...
  11. Jim Fowler

Not according to my email. %25 of any order over $75 for today only. NOT A DEALER PROMO as I got it and I am not a dealer.
  12. Jim Fowler

Interesting update: I justgot an email add from Dragon USA Online with a April Fools Promotion of %25 off any order over $75 - promocode = APRILFOOLS2014. That puts the Firefly at approximately $375.00 with free shipping. The catch....its only good for today! In case anyone is...
  13. Jim Fowler

Oh, I think there will be some out there..... Best Wishes, Jim
  14. Jim Fowler

Well, a buddy tried to order one of the DragonUSAonline website and got a reply back from Dragon that it was pushed back to end of April or May....... I want one, but I figure I will wait for it to show up on the market befor seriously worrying about getting one..... Jim
  15. Jim Fowler

Need Favor: Instructions for DML Sherman

Got Them, Thanks Karl! Jim
Back