• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by pzrwest

1. pzrwest

AH sdkfz Who has one? willing to help...

Is Panzerwerks done I tried my link to his website but doesn't work any more?
  2. pzrwest

Hasty-P Vetern Passes Away

Another Hasty-P 39'er passes away. He is now with his comrades in the White Battalion Funeral Service for Ray Huycke Visitation Monday June 12,7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Tuesday June 13,1:00 PM prior to Funeral Service 2:00 PM
  3. pzrwest

Reissue of Dragon Schwimmwagen kit.

Well with Cannuck buck being as low as it is I'll have to pass, unless somehow our buck is back to par
  4. pzrwest

Reissue of Dragon Schwimmwagen kit.

Any idea what the price is going to be?
  5. pzrwest

Thank you for your kind replies.... I'm sure he has heard you
  6. pzrwest

Ivan Gunter, M.M. (WW2 Decorated Veteran and member of the Hastings Prince Edward Regiment), beloved husband of the late Irene, loving father of Geoff & Diane of Delburne, Alta., Lynne & Garry Ackerman of Stouffville and Steve & Debbie Gunter of Bancroft, loving grandfather of Caroline, Daniel...
  7. pzrwest

1/6 scale tread plate?

When I needed some tread plate I took some very thin aluminum and placed it over some aluminum screen then took a wooden spatula and rubbed the thin aluminum causing raised bumps that looked close to tread plate. Used it for the floor plates in a 1/16th scale StugIII I scratch built
  8. pzrwest

hey, guys lockouts the ranks !!

Are all the figures in the picture above 1/6th or some 1/6 and others foto34tshoped in?
  9. pzrwest

Unlucky

Cool link I used to make stretched sprue all the time when working on models and 1/6th items as well
  10. pzrwest

How was insignia attached to US helmets?

I think it would be a real dumb idea putting your rank on the helmet.... would be like saying here I am shoot me. Snipers would love these targets
  11. pzrwest

Ice Fishing

Ice Fishing Here is a link to a cool ice fishing video.... Bass verses Pike.... frozen in time... LOL https://ca.yahoo.com/news/video-cutt...193915883.html
  12. pzrwest

E.J.

The "EJ" are probably the mans initials
  13. pzrwest

How was insignia attached to US helmets?

Just curious as to how the senior officers insignia were added to their helmets. Were they glued on or holes drilled through the steel shell and insignia attached? Referring to the real life not scale helmets
  14. pzrwest

Gebirgsjaeger in Narvik

I'm shutting up now as well ciao
  15. pzrwest

Gebirgsjaeger in Narvik

I agree a very nice figure. The badge on the left pocket is supposed to be on the right pocket. It is a bergfuhrers badge. Also the hat should be a short beak mountain cap. It is the basis for the m43 cap which had a much longer beak. Those aside it is an excellent gebergsjager(sp?) figure, and...
Back