• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by saracen

1. S

Some new 1/6 'Garage build' manufacturers

I also have the WC54 and it's a great model, with two caveats: 1) The wheels don't rotate, which I have to say was a disappointment. 2) The front wheels and whole rear axle were broken off during shipping. This is the second 3D printed 1/6th model I've received which has been damaged during...
  2. S

Field of Armor Tanks

Mine were "in stock" in July when I placed the order. Then it turned out they had none of the steel parts cut (US halftracks) but were expecting them in "a couple of weeks". Email from Loic on the 13th October (eleven weeks later): "still waiting on metal but that should not be long. You are...
  3. S

Is this the most expensive 1/6th seller ever??

They're listed with "Best Offer", so I would expect this is a mug trap but he might sell it for less if there's no interest. How about a jerry can for £25, when they're around £8 from China now ? Adrian.
  4. S

SAG 14th Anniversary - and announcement

I find Facebook is OK for quick messages and updates on things but useless for long duration build threads where posts get added month on month. And if you join a number of related groups, you end up seeing the same post in all of them when people share things from their timeline. If the...
  5. S

M3 Halftrack

> Has Armortek found a new owner? Yup - details are here : http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6599 Adrian.
  6. S

M3 Halftrack

I managed to snag some M3 spares from Armortek just before the handover. The sprocket is in two halves, with the main drive gear sandwiched between them. The idler is machined from a single billet. The Armortek M2/M3 wasn't 4WD, the front differential was just a dummy, which makes the drive...
  7. S

T34/85?

I have the original Armortek T34 demonstrator. It's currently wearing the 76mm turret but I also have this 85mm turret as well. Adrian
  8. S

Amphtrack Model With Soldier Figures from "Pacific"

"this piece features a hook on front for a wench" Is that standard issue for USMC vehicles ? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  9. S

DiD Brad Pitt "Fury" US Tanker

> Gorgeous George would never have let his boots get like that! If you follow the link to the DiD web site there's an unweathered version of the same figure - no blood, no grime, shiny(ish) boots. Adrian.
  10. S

Picture size limit

If you click on the Manage Attachments button under the Reply to Thread window, it gives a list of file types and their limitations: Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height bmp 19.5 KB...
  11. S

Anyone familiar with Vanter Fuyuan M4 Sherman?

Interesting that the ad is almost identical to 311160690727 from two weeks ago but for just a third of the price. Adrian.
  12. S

scale rivet heads

Thanks for the tip. There should be an s at the end of the domain name. This is the link to their "3mm pearls" catalogue page: http://www.diamantecrafts.co.uk/3mm-23-c.asp Adrian.
  13. S

Centurion Mk6/2

It's a "bore evacuator" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bore_evacuator It acts as a pressure reservoir, which is pressurised by the projectile passing it, and then vents the pressure towards the muzzle when the breech is opened, drawing the fumes away from the guys in the turret. Adrian.
  14. S

1/6 Printable Road Signs

You need to click on each image, so that you get to the web page with just the single sign on it, such as this one: View image: 1 Then, right click and use "Save Image As" to get the full sized picture. Then use the Back button in your browser to return to the main screen, click on the next...
  15. S

25 Pounder

No VAT for the USofA, so I'm guessing more like $670 plus shipping. Exact pricing will be available from sales@armortek.co.uk Adrian.
Back