• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Ssgtbear

1. S

Passing of another 1/6er.

Dennis, So sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and her family. It's always fun to have people that are a wealth of knowledge to talk to. She will be missed this year. Sincerely, Boyd
  2. S

Luftwaffe Info Needed

Ramke Brigade Martin Kleist.
  3. S

Dragon Models USA announced 1/6 Sherman Firefly kit!

Glad to see Dragon still producing these kits in 1/6th. I'm still working on my Sherman now. Hope the decide to dip into some more armor but not to fast. I would like to see them redo some tankers for both with full gear.
  4. S

How Old Are Our Forum Members.

I'm 43 this year. Working on my Masters in WWII History and Forensic Anthropology. Have not had a lot of time or money for the hobby lately. about a 1/3rd through with Dragon 1/6 105 Sherman. Waiting on a few modern Soldier Story figures to arrive.
  5. S

May 1940, the last time, I promise!

Great looking shoot John. Have to drive up and see the troops. Boyd
  6. S

DIO in the making! Sneak peak!!

Looks like all the guys had fun. I hope to get together here in South Carolina, North Carolina or Georgia for a shoot. Anyone interested PM me. Boyd "Airborne" Bearden
  7. S

The S.A.G. needs your help - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Pm Sent. Will be glad to help again.
  8. S

USMC-Betio

Nice looking group of Marines Dennis. I can bring some up when Clemson Football starts again. Cheers, Boyd
  9. S

Sdkfz10 demag plans update

Hammer, Haven't got the plans and book yet. I'll check again tomorrow. Thanks again for all your efforts. Cheers, Boyd
  10. S

4th Carrier Build a WIP

Excellent work Harold. Just wished you lived closer. :p Cheers, Boyd
  11. S

Open House!!

Can't wait till St. Patty's day myself. Just think about seeing your large collection of vehicles and troops. Not to mention getting together with the guys and talking shop. Boyd
  12. S

good bye and farewell to all at SAG (for now)

It was great to meet you and the wife in Cola. SC at the museum. Stay safe my friend. Currahee, Boyd Ssgtbear
  13. S

Goldfinger

Just completed my first trade with Simon. Everything was great. Fast shipping and great communications. I look forward to trading again. Boyd
  14. S

Armor Hobbies 250 hull question

I bought one when the first came out. Since then I have purchased three more. Two of which, just in the last month. I have no problems with them. I did notice some flash on the parts this time around. The build up wonderful. Lots of parts available from Panzerwerks and Mike Stannard. With the...
  15. S

What mix of uniforms should a Puma crew have?

Hey Andy, Was the the one you were looking for? Hope this helps. Take care man. http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/armor-mech-weapons-division/12624-234-1-crew-outdoor-dio.html Cheers, Boyd
Back