• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Obergefreiter Hans

Helmet weathering?

I got my hands on the figure Eugen quickly after posting and being directed to him for sale (thank you for those messages). I knew I would need a new helmet for him because his is plastic with a leather chin strap (odd for that good of figure) so before hand I bought a new metal helmet to paint...
  2. Obergefreiter Hans

Unlucky

Ok well, I've always had problems with Mg34s/mg42s breaking at the bipod. So it happened a week ago I was frustrated because it had happened twice before already (but one the other time was a break were the saddle goes on. In the mail today another Mg came. I opened it up and if things couldn't...
  3. Obergefreiter Hans

E.J.

UnterOffizier Emrik Janak on the Eastern Front, late 1943. Based off a M40 helmet I have with the initials E.J. in it. I've always wondered what the story behind it was... it was found In a dried up well.. the leather is pretty fragile but really really well preserved. I oiled up the chinstrap...
  4. Obergefreiter Hans

Well hello!

Hey everybody, I'm back! I took a break from everything for about a year and a half but it looks like I'm back. Getting back into late war German figures again and decided to start buying again. Any recommendations on late war SS figures from the Eastern Front. I'm really interested in the...
  5. Obergefreiter Hans

How do I fix this!?

How do I fix this? I think I might just buy a new head or paint it maybe. I posted a wanted thread for the head. How do I paint the nose. What kind of paint where can I get it. What do I do?
  6. Obergefreiter Hans

Eastern Front

7. Obergefreiter Hans

Material

Hi guys I've been trying to make my own insignia for my Germans but I'm having a bit of trouble. I was trying to make some eastern front ribbons on a computer program and I got it pretty well. I even made some first and second world war Iron cross ribbons too. My problem was when I printed them...
  8. Obergefreiter Hans

Helmet Decal

Today is a day full of questions. I have a Little slip of Helmet decals on a type of blue paper. How to I use them? I've Never had to use it till recently and I would like to know how to put them on.
  9. Obergefreiter Hans

Austria

I've been doing research and have found a lot of Austrians and about a thousand Swiss fought for the Heer and SS during WWII. Does anyone know what kind of insignia a Austrian might wear in the Heer or SS. I want to put an Austrian together but I don't know what to make. Can someone please give...
  10. Obergefreiter Hans

Lieutenant

I am working with a figure let now that I want to base off of Hans Von Witzland from the Movie Stalingrad. The only difference is it's Hans Leiter a survivor of Stalingrad and he's promoted to a lieutenant. Now I don't know a lot about the officers insignia and uniforms just Nco's and below. So...
  11. Obergefreiter Hans

Ernst Frankel

Hello everyone, I've bought a few figures in the past couple weeks and one figure by DML stood out. Ernst Frankel, an NCO. I love this figure, his head sculpt is amazing, very sad, seasoned war vet, and cold. He's very slim or the uniform sits that way and the snaps to close the jacket up are...
  12. Obergefreiter Hans

.308 Paul

Well, not much to really say but I did buy some items from Paul and Love every thing I got. He makes some of the best German HJ, Luftwaffe ,Wehrmacht Heer, Volkssturm, and SS, armbands and Patches I've ever seen and for great prices I would recommend him to anyone. Just be patient he always...
  13. Obergefreiter Hans

Is anyone else having this happen.

Okay, this really bugs me, I have a lot of figures and only had a couple problems with any of them. Wilhelm Krause with the hands and Hans mainly with the helmet,but with Emil. I've bought him three times and every time the HJ armband gets ruined as soon as I try to take the tape off. Once okay...
  14. Obergefreiter Hans

Dragon Care

I've been trying to get a part for a figure of mine that keeps getting ruined strait out of the box. I contacted Dragon Care for it said to on the side of the box. They said the figure was made by Cyber Hobby and to contact Cyber hobby, Cyber Hobby told me to contact Dragon Care. What do I do?
  15. Obergefreiter Hans

What's the best 1/6th Wehrmacht figure in the market?

What's the best 1/6th Wehrmacht heer figure in the market? I really didn't put much detail in this did I. Well, Dragon, I really only collect Wehrmacht and volkssturm figures. My favorit that I have is Hans Leiter, Peter schmidt, Willem Krause,and Kristoph Grubauer. I have alot more but with...
  16. Obergefreiter Hans

Volkssturm?

I want to start making a few custom volkssturm figures, but don't know what kind of uniform to use and from what company. I like Dragon's Emil Hardegen and want to base uniform types on him. If I had all of them wearing the dark blue uniforms that might make my diorama look too organized, not...
Back