• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. TBowman

M5 from Scratch

Stuart is an incredible piece of work!!:!: Amazing!
  2. TBowman

Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Project (mid production)

External Travel Lock and its pivot/brackets completed.
  3. TBowman

Exhaust and heat shields completed. Tow hitch and some other rear details as well. photos soon.
  4. TBowman

Experimenting with other textures to save some time on parts. Welds tim
  5. TBowman

Minor progress before the weekend. A few welds added to front glacis, deck assembled and primed (Welds still to be added) Front fender decking added
  6. TBowman

Crew Flak 36/37 88mm, 3.SS HQ Co. Demyansk 1942

Outstanding as always!!
  7. TBowman

Updated front deck components. Going to have 3/4 of a jagdpanther in 3D by the time this is finished. LOL
  8. TBowman

Soviet ZIS5 truck

Very cool! Excellent work. tim
  9. TBowman

First parts of the front, top deck. Brake inspection hatches Road wheels assembled
  10. TBowman

Well today I ended up focusing on the top deck more then assembling the front hull armor. Here's the assembled and fitted front glacis with texturing. I'll add more cut marks and nicks to it before final primer. The front deck butts up to that top edge and creates a trough where I will add...
  11. TBowman

Front glacis is on!! Pictures of that coming. Rettlinger head, round 3. LOL Will fix the hair. Printed a test one yesterday and came out nice. Now if I could only paint them......:roll: Smirk is gone.....Stavelot in sight!!!! tim
  12. TBowman

Thanks squidley Rettlinger round two. My first attempt at a likeness sculpt so steep learning curve. Younger looking but Karl Rettlinger has a tiny bit or William DeFoe look to him and I just can't get this there yet. Still with the smirk on this first one.
  13. TBowman

Playing around with the idea of doing my own head sculpt for the battalion commander, Hstuf. Karl Rettlinger. Not 100% sure it will be his vehicle but...... more soon tim
  14. TBowman

on some parts, I'll add texturing before the part is printed. think I can get a rougher "cast" look this way. this will be especially needed on the gun mantle and mantlet. Final drive service hatches roughed out. Hatch assembly
  15. TBowman

Next main component to make is the front, top deck. On my Panzer IV, I wanted to make the inspection hatches function but didn't. So on this one they will. : ) Decided to create the front glacis as a 3D part and print it instead of using styrene. Allowed be to design the assembly together...
  16. TBowman

Work continues. Created the front armor assembly(this get bolted onto existing Panzer IV hull) and the side armor blended. The armor plates are not built yet. Structural parts fitted hull Side armor filled and blended Ready for armor plates Bottom plate roughed out Fuel doors...
  17. TBowman

Hand Tools and Tool Box

AMAZING! As usual.
  18. TBowman

Thanks Eduardo. Test fit some steel wheels. Finishing up the final drive housings and the idler wheel brackets. Procrastinating on the front armor.:roll:
  19. TBowman

Hi Leonard All my old stuff was done in Solidworks but I've switched over to Fusion 360 for the past several years because it had better features/capabilities that were tailored better for my actual work stuff. also have been using zbrush for the past 5 years for the same reason. Often a...
Back