• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. O

Hey Everybody!!!!!!!!!

Been gone awhile.........has anyone built a 37mm cannon for the interior of my STU?????????? Thinking about getting her done.
  2. O

Any suggestions on how to make different width cargo straps?

Just got my armorpax strap buckles. Any suggestions on how to make different width cargo straps. My aim is to not glue stuff to the tank but secure it with straps.
  3. O

M5 Tank Commo?

Anybody got some pix of how the TC and Gunners commo wires are hooked up. I just added the Armorpax tank helmets to my guys but the instructions are lacking so far as the commo mikes and wires go.
  4. O

M5 30 Cal. MG Mount problem

Has anyone else had a problem attaching the MG craddle. I have tried super glue, stucco cement and soldering and still it can not support the MG and craddle. Is there some super stuff I don't know about.........?
  5. O

Variants to the M5?

Were Stu's ever used for any other means such as recovery vehicle's? I have a spare Stu and would like to convert her into something.
  6. O

2 guys in a stu turret?

Well I have tried to scratch build a Stu turret interior and now placing two crewmen in the turret is not easy, makes me wonder how they ever did it for real.
  7. O

37mm Breech anywhere?

Any body ever posted a breech ring assembly? It is for the turret interior of my Stu. Tried to build one from sctratch with horrible results.
  8. O

M5 Stu spare road wheel?

Was there a mounting bracket for the spare road wheel on the Stu? I am asking this only because I have noticed that a lot of the Stu's out there have them mounting on the front slope. My intent is not glue on any equipment or gear to my Stu to include the road wheel. When I was a tanker on the...
  9. O

A little something in living color:)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=833_1200169928
  10. O

AWESOME Unit Patches

.308 AKA Paul custom made me a sheet of 1st Army unit patches and I have got to say that I am very impressed. My M5A1 will depict C44 of Charlie Troop 102nd Cav and now my crew to include R.Lee Ermy have the proper patches thanks to the great work of .308. Excellent work.
  11. O

SH5 Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!

My friends at the SAG check this out http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4ADBS_enUS313US314&q=silent+hunter+5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=6DKLSrevJqbFmQeJoJizDQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5#
  12. O

Stepford wifes look

Anyone know of any headsculpts that reflect emotion as if someone was talking or giving orders. I love the diorama's that I see but I am looking for for more animation in the facial expressions. Its for this reason that R.Lee Ermy is my Stu TC. The second figure in the turret has that stepford...
  13. O

Anyone make M5A1 Main Gun Breech Assembly?

I am scratch building the M5 turret interior and was wondering if any makes the breech assembly or knows where I can find some detail pictures of the turret interior of the M5A1.
  14. O

7 /3/8th turret ring gear, any suggestions?

I am currently looking for a plastic external ring gear 7 3/8 inch that will slide over a turret basket of the same size, any suggestions?
  15. O

Anyone know where I can purchase headsculpts?

Anyone know where I can purchase headsculpts (only)?
  16. O

M5 Head light Guards?

I have seen somewhere a replacement for the Stuart head light brackets. I looked around but can not remember where I saw them. Last weekend I installed headlights from panzerwerks and of course have them working. I need the brackets to finnish the project. I also modified the tail lights by...
  17. O

OT: just for a laugh

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=586384afd2
  18. O

M5 Tech Questions

Just doing a little G2 on some M5 Stuart conversions. I seen a video once of an M5 with a terrific real sound to it. Q. Is there a way to swap out the sound card? Hate the one speed setting for the Stu Q. Is there a way to provide positive aceleration? I qould like to see the Stu Creep along.
  19. O

M5 Search Light?

Does anyone have a link to were I can buy a turret search light for my Stu? I am also looking for a spare peice of the RC Track.
  20. O

Tank straps, buckles etc.?

My plan is not to glue anything to my M5 but simply attach my stuff to the tank as it really would have been. Any suggestions on strap material or the buckeles? Example: I have 4 fuel cans sitting in a bussle rack behind the turret............
Back