• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. W

M8 HMC turret mantle canvas cover attatchment.

Hello everyone. Looking for the above info for M8HMC project. Been all over with no luck! I'm sure there had to be one, since " Lit the Dot" canvas mounting stud provisions are on the mantle from surviveing examples. Thanks. Al
  2. W

SCR-508 radio dinensions

Can anyone tell me the dimensions for a SCR-508 radio in 1-1 or 1/6? Don't intend to make one. Looking at the E.C.A. version. Just want to make sure my M8HMC turret bustle is large enough for one. Been searching,, but running into dead links on dimensions.. Thanks. Al
  3. W

Dragon Panzer ll question

Hello everyone. Just purchased both versions of the above vehicles. On the D.A.K. version the Commanders hatch will not open. Its a pre-built version. Were all the turret hatches non functional? Thanks. Al
  4. W

M36 help.

Picked up another project yesterday. One of the old Desimone kits with a few upgrade parts. The hull is sunken down in back. Anybody run into this? Was thinking of a hair dryer inside to warm it and prop it up with a bulkhead or whatever? Comments? Also is anyone making upgrades other that...
  5. W

Michigan based club?

Anyone interested in forming a 1/6 club for Michigan or nearby residents? Lmkno. Thanks. Al
  6. W

Marder III acesesories

Hi everyone. Received my Marder in the mail today. I would like to detail the drivers compartment. Is anyone building brake drums?, transmissions? Al
  7. W

German sweater dickies.

Has anyone made any of the above for their figures? If anyone dosent know, a "Dickie" is abreviated version of a shirt/sweater exposing just the neck and upper chest area. Thanks. Al
  8. W

George Bradford line drawings.

Hi. I just order George Bradfords late-war German vehicles book. Anyone know if it has a Panzerwerfer 42 drawing in it? Thanks. Al
  9. W

Radios for Marder III M

Hi again. What radio set did they use for the above?, FU-5? Just the receiver? or both transmitter? Didnt know if they were issued transmitters below the platoon leader or not Thanks Al
  10. W

Uniforms/equipment/insignia

Another question from the newbie here. Can anyone list some quality vendors of this stuff? Regards. Al
  11. W

Custom head sculpting

Hi again. Is anyone doing custom heads here? I know this isnt a a a WWII subject, but ive love to get one done of my Son who is currently serving in the Marine Corp. Be most appreciative for any help. Looking to do a build of him for my Mother whom has been very ill after a stroke last year...
  12. W

Michigan members.

Hi everyone. Was curious if there were any Michigan members here? Regards. Al
  13. W

Newbie question

Hi everyone. Im new here, been wanting to get into 1/6 for a few years now. So im taking the plunge! Has anybody current or past made a German 120mm mortar with trailer in 1/6? Regards. Al
Back