• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. P

Thompson griswold bag question

If you look there are two small holes where each sling swivel goes... I assume the sling was meant to be ran through those holes so that the thompson was in teh bag and the sling ran through it so it could be thrown over the shoulder... as if it werent evenin the bag... Pretty complicated...
  2. P

Lost and Found in Russia (plus detail shots of my WSC)

Thanks for all of your comments! KDF - Who knows ;) Ill leave it for you to decide, maybe they just all hopped in and tossed a water bottle at him as they drove off ... Making him think he was about to meet his maker... Bigdee... No, I painted the mount (wrong color :( ) but the gun came like...
  3. P

"Oops, I DiD it again!" Open letter to DiD (long)

NVM, mis read somthing... But yes. DID does need new hands... Also, if you drill the arm out, you can put in BBI g3.5 hands, and that, in my opinon, is the best looking option...
  4. P

At the time i mixed in sand to my paint... it can look good but its messy and a little hard to work with I have since found that Flour works even better, and it looks better if you want to put it on a figures boots or somthing too, sands a bit larger than that. The sand tends to clump and not...
  5. P

I decided to get my regular russians out (non naval inf) and take some pictures... The whole "premise" behind the deal is that a German officer gets lost and picked up by some Russians... And then interrogated by an NKVD officer... Pics of the truck in color are at the end... Its not fully...
  6. P

russian sailor of the Black Sea Fleet

WOW, just wow... Thats possibly the best russian sailor figure i have ever seen anyone do... Congrats, Kudos, ect... ect... Great work...
  7. P

Wikipedia on 1:6 scale modeling

I wanted to encourage everyone to go on there and add/edit (be postive) any info they would like. I created the original article, and i must say, It is now nothing like it was when it started. All the edits and links added by other hobbists from other boards have made it much better. When it...
  8. P

1/6th US Jeeps-Where to buy?

A 1/6th WW II jeep shouldnt have a tail gate... this was only avaible on civilian models from 43 on i believe...
  9. P

21st Century Sherman

The humvee is on their site, it is just mislabeled, i believe its in the1/18th section... If you go an look there are duplicate listings, and on enalging some, you can see the difference... if i find it ill post it...
  10. P

Possible Marder III M kit...

is this the one with the panzer 38t chasis? Like kreigsmachine offers?
  11. P

Flags of Our Fathers official photos

The thin red line is like a bad acid trip... Windtalkers, well(i thought the battle scenes were cool, cept the nades kinda sucked, didnt care for the story line but thats not why i saw it. Spr - Awesome Heartbreak Ridge - Not that bad, look at some of the really bad movies, like battle of the...
  12. P

Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle with working bolt (quick mod)

Ahh.... yeah, its amazing how you think things make perfect sense when you are sleep deprived... The scope is from mishas mosin nagant. I just pryed it and the mount right off the side of his gun. This is where the bent bolt handle came from tooo. The base nagant with working bolt is from the...
  13. P

Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle with working bolt (quick mod)

I think most of us knew this mod was possible when the new nagant came out. However i dont know if anyone actually tried it yet... sooo... i got around to it... It was firly simple actually. Some careful prying with an exacto, a bit of hobby saw action, few drops of blood (darned eacto) and some...
  14. P

Stuart Tracks

I think Daves at ArmorPax is set to come out with some steel stuart tracks (opposed to the more fragile white metal ones). Im not sure but i saw somthing about it on the site i think.
  15. P

NOT A STEP BACK!!! The Glorious Red Army Is Here!!!

That would be anna's Ushanka... And i just put it on the figures head and shoved the helmet on with no liner... I have seen helmets over ushankas in some refference photos (and in eatg), but im not sure if thats how they did it, either way, it worked. Jon and Johnny - Thanks for the comments...
  16. P

Bergmann MP18 or MP28?

I think 21st did put out a mp28, it came with the Axis weapon set two, and their uboat commander... but that was about it... They also made an erma emp(in the same weapon set), which no one has yet to make and is one of my favorite SMG's I like the DML mp28 the best though, and the YS ammo...
  17. P

NOT A STEP BACK!!! The Glorious Red Army Is Here!!!

Well I've been busy with some personal things for a while but i got a bit of free time to snap some photos of my Red Army guys (already got the pictures of the Red Navy up a while back) and do some photoshop work too. Let me know what you guys think.
  18. P

Barrels and Stuff

its probably easier for a couple of guys to off load 5 gallon cans that have handles, than it is for them to move a big heavy ole barrel. That was probably the armys thinking.... You also dont need a pump as you can easily pour from the can straight to the tank...
  19. P

update russian tanker Oleg

that is actually nice that he has a full uniform... still a little lite on gear all over, but thats better than just a jump suit.
  20. P

Skoda RSO Cab Well Underway

That is pretty cool, and damn fine work on your part... My only question is what was the real thing used for? Some sort of mine clearing veicle or somthing?
Back