• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. D

Church at Foy

I have quite a few good photos, but might anyone share a crisp pic of the inscription over the main entrance to the Foy Church? Perhaps someone could put me in touch with a local who might be willing to take a couple of photos? Many thanks-
  2. D

New Field Equipment book

I just received the two-volume set, "Ausrustung" Field Equipment of the German Forces, from RZM. It's almost all close-up color photos from a museum at the Baugnez crossroads, just outside of Malmedy in Belgium. From my view, it's an excellent pick up, with some items being in mint condition...
  3. D

New orders

I think that I've caught up with anyone wanting my walls, etc. Did I miss anyone who placed an order? if so, please PM me-
  4. D

jeep kit upgrades?

Does anyone make any aftermarket goodies for the DML Desert jeep kit? There are so many possibilites there, and I sure think there would be a market out there........
  5. D

Military History Weekend, Williamsburg

I'll have my walls bases, and some figures at the show this weekend in Williamsburg, Virginia. Stop by and say hello if you're attending!
  6. D

Renewed Chat

Here's a proposal that we pick a night and all decide to hit the SAG Chat Room. I've made several friends in our chat, but like many others I've drifted away. We all like our hobby, and probably have few that we can discuss it with, and even fewer who are knowledgeable! I vote for...
  7. D

Problems molding big plastic tanks?

What is the reason that we can't get anything bigger than a 250 in plastic in 1/6? Is the molding cost prohibitive, the sheer size a factor for the flat parts...something else? I'd sure like to build and detail bigger armorj or a softskin...imagine the variants possible from the Sherman...
  8. D

Rockwall, bases and columns...need to restock

Please check out my earlier post in the General Quarters section for more detailed photos and display options: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=20320 There are now 4 types of wall sections completed and ready to ship: 1) Double-sided (rock on one side, with stucco and...
  9. D

308's K Ration Boxes

Paul (".308") contacted me about woriting up a review of his recently created US late war K-Ration crate and boxes. Three thin brown paper sheets were delivered flat and wrinkle-free. Referencing the GI Collectors Guide (p.177), Paul's work looks right, an accurate copy. As I cut up the...
  10. D

Rock wall and more-

After hours of working up my original "Norman Rockwall" http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=3893&highlight=norman+rockwall it seemed that this was something that I should share with our 1/6 crew. So many wonderful figures deserve a worthy display! The stone wall and street...
  11. D

Way to go, Canada!

I just attended the Thunder Over Michigan air show at the Willow Run Airport (where the B-24's rolled off the assembly lines and on to the runway) and was very proud of the efforts of a Canadian restoration group for their work on WWII warbirds. They flew two Hurricanes, two Spitfires, a...
  12. D

Kwmim Studio

KWMIM Studio (Keith) has some terrific products, excellent detailing and really in scale. I got a Meyer can and LW sidecap in record time. I will order from Keith again...not cheap, but a value when looking for top quality.
  13. D

Fallschirmjager Portrait book

After seeing Dave's nice Eastern Front FJ I'm reminded of a terrific book that is very inspiring for 1/6 HS re-painters as well as FJ researchers: http://www.amazon.com/Fallschirmjager-Portraits-German-Paratroops-Combat/dp/0764325655/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227774555&sr=1-5 They are...
  14. D

Buttonholes...

Let's all remember that buttons are designed to fit through....buttonholes. Most unis do not have them, they are a royal pain to simulate, but these terrific figures could really use the effort to add these often forgotten essential components. thanks to the few manufacturers that make nice...
  15. D

LW parachute references?

I can get material on the uniforms, but could anyone point me in the right direction for LW parachutes? I'm trying to get info to correctly model both the seat type - Mertens offering as well as the backpack fighter pilot version. Masters of research, guide me! Thanks-
  16. D

Das alte Hare's - Anzeige (FJ trio)

"The Old Hare's Reminder"....during the retreat in France, 1944 Before returning to the surrounding countryside, a Panzerschreck team gets a quick brief from an "Old Hare", with a final word to the wise. All of the figures received custom: -sprue cuff snaps and correct press studs -leather...
  17. D

Improving the MP 40 & 98K

Just a couple of repaints/improvements- And the excellent Toys City MP40: Thanks for looking!
  18. D

3 FJ repaints

I have a full write up in the works, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy my latest repaints...comments and critiques are most welcome! They were done with a bit of everthing: oils, acrilycs and pastels. Thanks for looking-
  19. D

RPzB.54 (the long 'schreck)

With impeccable timing, I finished my custom long barrel Panzerschreck just as soldier Story released their excellent metal version. Still, I have a few wrinkles to share regarding my humble plastic home version... I mated 2 short 'Schreck tubes and fashioned new wood and metal hand braces...
  20. D

Pick a Card...

Inspired by Hank's "carded" comment from the new CH BAR gunner release... What would you like to see - and buy - in a carded release for under $20. I would like to get something like "Liberated in France" : -farm tools (used by your gun/MG crews to clear away brush) -critters, like chickens...
Back