• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. J

Jeep and Trailer Dio

Tony Tillman of Serious Toys was nice enough to help me create a dio base and shoot some pics of my Hasbro jeep and GIJoe trailer. The jeep is pretty much stock including the paintwork but I scratchbuilt the .30 mount and added a DID .30 The tool holders were also improved. The trailer still...
  2. J

Jeep Trailer WIP2

A little more progress on my jeep trailer.
  3. J

WIP Jeep Trailer

Somebody here on the forum (I can't remember who) talked about making a Jeep trailer and somebody else (again I can't remember) suggested modifying a GIJoe Jeep Trailer. That sounded like a good idea so I thought I would give it a try. This is what I have so far: I corrected some things...
  4. J

20mm Flak Emplacement

Some pics of my 20mm Flak in the emplacement I made for it. My Flak Crew Gun Close-up Posing for Pics My hard working Heer Photographer
  5. J

Dragon 37mm Anti-tank Gun

My friend Tony Tillman from Creative Diversions and Serious Toys was kind enough to take a picture for me of my Dragon anti-tank gun and crew this last weekend. Comments welcome. http://www.sixtharmygroup.net/portal/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-11613 After Tony worked some photo magic.
  6. J

German MG Bunker

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this so moderators please feel free to move it to the correct one. These are some pictures of a MG Bunker dio that I made that was on display at The Great Texas GIJoe Show V in Arlington, Texas. It was meant to represent a MG emplacement dug-in in a...
  7. J

Kit-bashed Harley Davidson WLA MP Motorcycle

After looking at all of the masterpieces that have been posted on the Sixth Army Group over the years I have been somewhat reluctant to post my humble efforts but I am pretty proud of my Harley and will give it a go. My Harley started out as one of the plastic military motorcycles available at...
  8. J

MP Vehicles at The Great Texas GIJoe Show

My modified Big Lots MP motorcycle, 21st Command Car, and modified SOTHW MP jeep. My MP jeep complete with natural dust weathering :roll:
  9. J

Stuart at the Great Texas GIJoe Show

Here are some pictures of my Stuart tank finally finished and on display at The Great Texas GIJoe Show. A close-up of the turret crew.
  10. J

Navy Grandpas Part 2

These figures represent my Wife's Grandfathers, both of whom served in the Navy in WWII. The grandfather with the flight helmet served as a waist gunner in B-24s with Navy Patrol Bomber Squadron VB108. The grandfather on the right taught reading and writing to sailors who couldn't.
  11. J

Navy Grandfather

I tried to do a figure representing my wife's Grandfather who served in the Navy in WW2. The uniform is a custom from Tony Tillman of Creative Diversions (ebay seller: ozran). All comments welcome.
  12. J

Dragon Flak and Ammo

I tried to dress-up my flak gun a little with kill rings and painted Panzerwerk ammo. The ammo is supposed to represent incendiary with red tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, and armor piercing with tracer. The two shells in paper are my attempt at the shipping tubes the shells were...
  13. J

Stuart WIP Update

An update of my progress on my Stuart Panzerwerk lisghts and siren Close-up of Eastcoast Armory rear idler upgrade The turret still needs to be done. Comments and criticism welcome.
  14. J

Houston JoeClub Chariot

After seeing Jon Math's great pictures of his British Chariot I told him that the Houston Chapter of the GIJoe Club had made a "Sink the Tirpitz" diorama using Chariots for the National Convention. Jon asked to see some pictures and I was unable to find any when he posted his. I was finally able...
  15. J

Stuart work in progress

Here are a few pics of the upgrades I am trying to make on my Stuart. Glacis detail with scratchbuilt lightguards and Panzerwerk headlights and siren. Driver's hatch detail. Rear Deck. Rear deck with tools.
  16. J

37mm Ammo Box Kit

I was able to obtain some 37mm ammo box kits and paper ammo tubes from greatplanes27. The ammo box kits are well printed and the assembly directions are easy to follow. I found the posted pictures of the finished box useful. As long as a little care in cutting out the box is excercised assembly...
  17. J

jfunk

Mostly a WWII collector in Houston, Texas. My collection is primarily Dragon with a few Did, Bbi, Sideshow, and GIJoe thrown in to the mix. I also have a small space consuming vehicle collection.
  18. J

20mm Flak

This is my attempt at making the brass catcher for the 20mm Flak gun using nomad's excellent tutorial. I think it came out pretty good but I am nowhere near the craftsman some of you are. I know my mesh is not correct but that is the best that I could find in my area. Panzerwerks...
  19. J

MP Motorcycle

This is a MP motorcycle that I got from Big Lots. I modified it to look more like a Harley than it did. More pictures in the Photo Gallery under jfunk. Comments welcome. http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-4612]...
  20. J

SOTW Jeeps for Dubar1

Some time ago Dubar1 asked to see everyone's SOTW jeeps. I have finally loaded pictures of my two in the JoeWorld members gallery. I apologize for not linking them to this topic or posting them here but I am still new to posting ( I can't even figure out why they loaded twice). My member...
Back