• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. T

Size of your 1/6 collection

OK, to save alot of time, I guess what I'm asking...How many of our board members have a collection anywhere near the "newbie" collector who says he has around 1,600 figures and 15-25 vehicles?? With around 75 little guys and 30 vehicles, I know that sure isn't me. :roll: You would sure get...
  2. T

1/6 Business on eBay

Sincerely hope JD gets some serious offers for his business: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200079726396 I always thought he filled a niche with inexpensive vehicles that formed a good start for some really great vehicles. I wish him luck,... this from a repeat and happy...
  3. T

SS Camoflage

I've received the DID Kettengrad in the "SS Camoflage". I love the colors but thought of a question: Was this color scheme used by any other units except "SS" ? BTW, I'm crazy about the Kett, with the working suspension, all the storge compartments and the back seat raising up to reveal...
  4. T

DML 75mm Recoilless Rifle

Anybody else got this really fine recoilless rifle? The gun is great, my problem is the tripod. The tripod is exactly the same as the one that was used for the DML .30 cal water cooled gun. I know the actual tripod is the same but I thought that after many of us had complained about the...
  5. T

Assembled 250

I stumbled on Toy Chest & Collectibles offer of an assembled 250, early this week.. I jumped on it and received it today. Just a super piece, just like opening a 21C Scout Car, snap on headlights and the nicely done MG-34 and resin gun shield and I'm ready to play two minutes out of the box...
  6. T

CC to WC-52 conversion

Has anybody got one of the conversions from John Ivory? I just got mine today and his work is just awesome. His attention to detail from the winch to the tailgate is just beyond belief, for me. The WC-52 was one of my favorites and this conversion takes the cake. I requested he not letter up...
  7. T

Blitz Wheels

I know there has been discussion before, but has anyone made wheels for the JD Opel Blitz? I spoke with Tpysurgeon quite a ways ago and he said he was going to make wheels for the Blitz that were WSC on one side and German on the other. His holdup as I remember it were the rear wheels which...
  8. T

Where is the 21C Panzer III??

Looking around and came up with this old prototype made by 21C of the 1/6 Panzer III to "play" with their Stuart. http://community.webshots.com/photo/227297997/1227533993051226484TbnZWr If they could dust off that baby, it sure would be nice. :!: TTT
  9. T

Best 1/6 machine guns

With all the talk about the new DID metal .50cal leads me to the following question: Who makes the best (accurate & best to scale) machine guns: .30 cal? .30 caL water cooled? .50 cal? .50 cal water cooled? (Is Hasbro the only one ever to make a water cooled .50cal?) MG-34? MG-42? I'm not...
  10. T

FOA M-4

Grumpy asked the question in his Tiger post. Has anyone built the FOA M-4? I'd like to know if, while building, you kept the RC, and if so, what did you do with the battery as the original Stuart battery was in the hull top and with the FOA, if you put it inside, how will to access it? TTT
  11. T

Question on mg belts

I'm looking at the new DID Puller figure with the awesome metal .30 Browning and I'm wondering about the ammo belt that comes with the gun. The belt is made of disingergrating real metal links and not the canvas belts I'm used to seeing with WW2 .30 cal U.S. machine guns. Who knows if this is...
  12. T

German artillery and ??

Wow, all the great German artillery and anti-tank guns. First the resin 37mm, then up pops the DID Neberwerfer, the two smaller Dragon guns and the Andrew 75mm and now we hear about the Dragon Pak 40, to come. Great, BUT where is any American, Brit or Ruskie artillery or anti-tank? :roll...
  13. T

More wheels?

Is there any source for wheels for: a- The JD Blitz truck b- Any of the small artillery pieces? I have heard awhile back that Toysurgeon was looking into tires and wheels with two sided rims, one side German, one side US that would fit a CC or a Blitz. nothing in a while. That sounded too...
  14. T

Bataan sailor

Am I seeing a new Dragon sailor figure from the defense of Bataan? http://www.thetoyfederation.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18800&cat=292&page=2 Or is this an old figure I haven't seen before? TTT
  15. T

Adhesive Question

I am stuck. I can't find old threads or links on the different types of adhesives that work on our stuff. I have a broken resin part and nothing I have seems to work. Can somebody steer me in the right directioin? TTT
  16. T

Figure size differences

There has been many discussions as how all our figures are the same size and build. Last week I received my new Sideshow John Wayne. It has been on my dining room tale on guard ever since. I love the figure and the quality is great. I just deceided to put Duke in with some of my Dragon and...
  17. T

New German Staff Car from JD

I notice JD has a new car on eBay for $99. It's a German and the description says 1966? Description says "dead on accurate"? I'm not familar with it, what is it...
  18. T

Cammo for the Opel Blitz

Does anyone have a sourse for Opel cammo pics? I've found dozens of black & white pics but only two color pics, neither cammo scheme I want to use. Can anybody help? I am flexible as to what type of unit used my Opel but I want to mount a 2cm in the bed. Would the gun carry the cammo scheme...
  19. T

Duece & a Half

Can somebody give me a way to get in touch with the two guys who make the wood Duece's. I think the name is The Vegas Budda. A link would be great, but I can't find one. TTT
  20. T

Sdkfz 250/10

I am thinking about turning my "250" into a 250/10 using one of the resin 3.7mm guns (I have one with broken trails, I never attempted to fix). Doing research I find mention if "various configurations" of the gun shield. The usual pics show the gun with only the left side gun armor shield in...
Back