• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. granatwerfer

Divizia a 5 infanterie Română, Basarabia 14.7.1941

Pentru România ... Eliberarea!!! (For Romania... Liberation!!!) Divizia a 5 infanterie Română, Basarabia 14.7.1941 During the inter war period, Romania relied on the Versailles Treaty and The League of Nations to maintain their National sovereignty and territorial boundaries set at the end...
  2. granatwerfer

1941 Romanian ZB30 team

Happy new years all!! I was trying to complete my ww2 Romanian Light machine gun team diorama by the end of the year. I didn't quite make it but I'd like to share what I do have completed. Hope you like it! Cheers, Phil!!
  3. granatwerfer

Romanian light machine gunner

Hey all, I've been off of the boards quite a while, not posting anything for nearly 3 years now. I haven't quit this amazing hobby, just moving a lot slower. This is the first figure completed for an upcoming diorama that I've been working on for the past couple of years. A Romanian light...
  4. granatwerfer

Help needed!!

Gentlemen, I find myself in dire need of a few of the haversacks that were included in the Twisted Toyz figure "Luca". I'd be interested in buying either the complete figure or the haversack alone. Thanks in advance, Phil
  5. granatwerfer

Schwere Panzer! !

Schwere Panzer! ! Stonne, France 1940 After smashing through the French lines at Sedan on May 13, Guderian’s XIX Army Corps spent the 14th enlarging his bridgehead. On May 15th, with the Sedan bridgehead across the Meuse was still in peril from the French 2nd Army, he split his force-...
  6. granatwerfer

Perfect Storm

Perfect Storm The Dyle plan meets Fall Gelb Sedan, France May 13, 1940 After enduring horrific destruction in the “war to end all wars”, France determined that the best way to fight the next war was not to fight it within her boarders. The Dyle plan, in effect, called for France...
  7. granatwerfer

Madder than hell !!!

After seeing a post talking about D Day Publishing/ Michel De Trez and visiting Michel's website I decided to order American Warriors, D Day Minus, and Orange is the Color of the Day as a Christmas gift to myself. On Dec 19, 2013 my credit card was charged 228 Euros( $311) and I was informed...
  8. granatwerfer

"Miyata Company prepared to assualt"

“Miyata Company prepared to assault” South of Canton, China January, 1939 Waiting for orders from their commander, troops from the Miyata Company of the 108th Infantry Regiment, 104th Infantry Division are ready and posed to charge the enemy. Japanese tactics at this stage of...
  9. granatwerfer

Hsi-sheng tao-ti (Sacrifice to the last)

Changde , China November18,1943 By late 1943 the days of quick conquest were long over for the Japanese army in China and had been replaced by a brutal war of attrition. Japan held many major cities, railways, and the coast while the Chinese ruled the...
  10. granatwerfer

It takes a tiny Granatwerfer to blow up a tiny village!!

A friend just sent these pictures to me of German troops learning how to use their mortar sights. I'd never seen a shot of this type of Mauser rifle modified to shoot sub caliber rounds. Looks like a lot of fun.( I want one bad) Phil
  11. granatwerfer

Granatwerfer help

Earlier in the week Littletankman requested some information regarding accuracy of DML's German 8cm mortar. Here are some photos of my original and information of what I did to accurize mine. Baseplate As you can see, there were small holes at each corner to enable attatching to the...
  12. granatwerfer

Fiery Retrubution... Barrikady Gun Factory Dec. 21, 1942

While reading Jason Mark's Island of Fire a few years ago I became quite intrigued with his commentary regarding the Russian ampulomet teams. The ampulomet, otherwise known as a Molotov projector,was a muzzle loaded smooth bore weapon that propelled glass spheres filled with an incendiary...
  13. granatwerfer

Soviet Bunker Buster

Ampulomet 1941 System Kartukov While reading Jason Mark's Island Of Fire, The Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory in Stalingrad I became quite intrigued with his stories regarding the Russian ampulomet teams. The ampulomet, otherwise known as a Molotov projector, was a muzzle loaded smooth...
  14. granatwerfer

Sherman tracks

Does anyone make a T54 metal chevron type track that I can use for my DML Sherman? I've been looking around but so far am coming up blank. Thanks Phil
  15. granatwerfer

SSHHHHH....Kuwa makini Bwana....Japini!! ( Careful Lieutenant... Japanese!!)

36(TT) Btn Kings Own African Rifles, 11 (East African) Division Burma Patrol October 1944 General Mutaguchi's grand 3 divisionoffensive for the conquest of India, launchedin March of 1944, was shattered at the battles of Imphal and Kohima. The remnants of his forces, dying on the vine at...
  16. granatwerfer

Granatwerfer...FEUER Korsun Pocket 1/23/1944

This is my first post on Sixth Army Group. My apologies to those of you who have already seen this on 6th division but I've taken some much better photos yesterday and I hope you enjoy. I'd like to dedicate this work in the memory of a few of my friends who were it's...
Back