• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Bob a Job

help required please with plans for a British Cromwell tank

Re: help required please .........................
  2. Bob a Job

Some Eye candy stuff

You use it instead of nutshell media , it is what rubs against the brass and cleans it . Bob
  3. Bob a Job

Some Eye candy stuff

Hi Jeff Typical of the UK , all the good stuff is in the USA as usual especially when it comes to firearms and all the goodies . Bob
  4. Bob a Job

Some Eye candy stuff

That brass sure looks clean , what is an HF tumbler ? I was thinking of a stone polishing tumbler with SS pins as it works out half the price for the tumbler from a shooting supplier . Bob
  5. Bob a Job

Trying to make squibs...

When I was a lad we made an electrical detonation system by making a small coil of thin wire attached to the leads with crocodile clips and powered with a 9v dry cell battery . Rob
  6. Bob a Job

Croft's Pike

Historical Trivia: Pikemen of the Home Guard In early 1942 the shortage of weapons to arm the recently formed Home Guard (formed in May 1940) saw the issuing of hurriedly made pikes. Made of steel tubing and surplus sword bayonets the 5 foot long pikes were received with derision by the men of...
  7. Bob a Job

Ammo Crates

Here is a company that make repro 1:1 crates , good photos and sizes , have a go at making them in 1:6 http://www.panzerwerks.net/crates/german_crates.htm Bob
  8. Bob a Job

New Von Abt Shoot- Gran Sasso Raid

Thanks for the link , impressive work . Bob
  9. Bob a Job

New Von Abt Shoot- Gran Sasso Raid

Is there a link available ? Bob
  10. Bob a Job

New 1/6th message board 6th in WWII

My PC security says its an unsafe site . Bob
  11. Bob a Job

Help with the OSW Board needed

I have linked your post over to OSW , perhaps that will get sorted for you . Bob
  12. Bob a Job

Italian Commander

Err what's it all about , Saturday night drunk maybe ? Bob
  13. Bob a Job

India and Pakistan Border Crossing

The Asian guy who narrates the vid is a British TV comedian , you see him in the audience wearing the blue shirt at 18 seconds , perhaps that says it all . Bob
  14. Bob a Job

Big Red One Italian Canpaign

He's a mean looking SOB . Bob
  15. Bob a Job

D Day Dio

Some B&W Shots Bob
  16. Bob a Job

D Day Dio

D Day Dio , my tribute . Somewhere in Belgium the other side of Pegasus bridge , the lads are taking a break for a brew and a ciggie , and not long before you know it the sarge is at the door " RIGHT GET YOUR BLOODY ARSES OUT OF HERE ON THE DOUBLE " its a dusty old lime washed barn , but it...
  17. Bob a Job

Dutch Army Bren Gunner, 423th Battallion, Eastern Java, 1947

That looks like a brilliant figure , you look like a master of the art already . TBs HS stand out a mile great choice . Bob
  18. Bob a Job

Size of American antenna?

Not if a 12" figure is 6' , that's 2" per foot so 9' would be 18" Bob
  19. Bob a Job

runter, du Narr! -Eh??!!

Great figures with wonderful expressions . Bob
  20. Bob a Job

Just a general question about uniforms

As a general observation to the German war machine compared to the allies , they must have spent huge amounts of needless money on R n D of new uniforms and heavy equipment when you look at the variations that there are . Some of the vehicles I have seen and you have to think why , is it really...
Back