• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Bob a Job

Croft's Pike

Historical Trivia: Pikemen of the Home Guard In early 1942 the shortage of weapons to arm the recently formed Home Guard (formed in May 1940) saw the issuing of hurriedly made pikes. Made of steel tubing and surplus sword bayonets the 5 foot long pikes were received with derision by the men of...
  2. Bob a Job

D Day Dio

D Day Dio , my tribute . Somewhere in Belgium the other side of Pegasus bridge , the lads are taking a break for a brew and a ciggie , and not long before you know it the sarge is at the door " RIGHT GET YOUR BLOODY ARSES OUT OF HERE ON THE DOUBLE " its a dusty old lime washed barn , but it...
  3. Bob a Job

Can you hear me mother

Just for a laugh , couldn't resist Bob
  4. Bob a Job

Sandy is back

Some of you may remember Sandy of the LRDG which I did a year or so ago , well today I decided to make him into a permanent pose in context of my original idea . Just a bit of info a customised HS which I added the beard and a bit of nose reshaping and a full repaint , Action Man shirt ...
  5. Bob a Job

Table top dio . Poteau Ambush

I have spent today mainly finishing off some figures and setting up this dio . I have run out of kit and spare figures , so this will have to do for now . A right mish mash of kit in this one , having looked at many reference photos one thing is for certain uniform is not uniform . So my...
  6. Bob a Job

An expensive dio

I was just getting ready to start photographing this dio and one of the figures started to topple , reaching out quickly to catch it and I caught the camera in the other hand thus sending it to the floor . Whatever broke ,lense zoom in / out was just clicking , nothing on the screen . So took...
  7. Bob a Job

FJ Ardennes 1944

Waiting to hook up and drop into the Ardennes mid 1944 . Bob
  8. Bob a Job

B&w group photo

Just put this together a group in my dio as I have done a little more to it . One day it will be all finished Bob
  9. Bob a Job

Sandy

Sandy has just returned from duties in North Africa to western Europe . The HS was one of the Napoleonic heads bought on ebay , the nose was reprofiled and the beard added , an Action man jumper and I made the hat from the cuff of a milsurps norgie shirt . All other parts bought...
  10. Bob a Job

The Bad Boys are Back

All the figures I have now are dressed and more or less kitted out , although I could do with a couple more figures . So here is a group photo . and a couple of others Soon it will be time to start building the dio , only problem is where to put it . Bob
  11. Bob a Job

WIP Ambush at Poteau

One of the figures from a group I have been working on for the Poteau dio . Hope it looks OK to you . Bob
  12. Bob a Job

Display shelf - how you display your figures at home?

Afternoon all . I have been wondering how you all display your figures at home . I have amassed 20 figures now and don't have room at the moment to have them displayed in any special way . At the moment Iam redecorating the box room which will be my hobby room , office , man cave or whatever...
  13. Bob a Job

Ardennes 22nd December 1944

I found this photo on the so it became the inspiration for a permanent dio . So here is my interpretation . The backpack is an old actionman one that I have painted with acrylics , the fur was a dirty tan and the bag was in OD , the fur I have painted in a reddish brown which I darkened...
  14. Bob a Job

Snow on the Eastern Front

More snow this weekend in the east of England so a quick bash this morning for a couple of figures . Out on patrol with the akja to move up some ammo and fuel to the front line when the guys come under sniper fire . Cold hands and cold knees that's it for now Bob
  15. Bob a Job

Zeltbahn

I have put this figure together on the theme of the original B&W photo from the net . Still have another figure to work on but this one was an experiment for the scratch made Zeltbahn . Bob
  16. Bob a Job

Cold night .

Freezin der hienies off . The Brits and the Yanks meet up for a warm up . Hey you limies want a cigarette for a swig of that plonk . Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with...
  17. Bob a Job

Fallschirmjaegers run for cover

The Fallschirmjaegers were making their way across open country , they needed to stop to take bearings from the map to check their location . Unknown to them they were being observed by British troops hidden in the tree line and ditch at the opposite side of the field . When the BREN gun opened...
  18. Bob a Job

Sandy and the LRDG

Sandy had been assigned road watch duties which was boring and tedious , sitting in a concealed position for hours on end noting the columns of enemy convoys passing by . but this had a very important roll in intelligence gathering which had to be reported back to HQ . Uploaded with...
  19. Bob a Job

The Factory

Found another photo on the net , so I have spent the day recreating the scene and only summising the situation . Uploaded with ImageShack.us My version of the above finds these two battle weary soldiers taking shelter in a bombed out factory , somewhere close to the front line . Uploaded...
  20. Bob a Job

What colour should this jacket be ?

I bought a figure on ebay its used but in good condition this is the uniform that came with it Uploaded with ImageShack.us The shirt and trousers are OD Green just a shade apart but the heavy weight jacket is Khaki . Doing some research I found this article Khaki - ATF which states US uniform...
Back