• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. S

Pre-built/painted ruins/landscapes?

Can anyone help me, I had seen a website or webstore offering prebuilt/painted corner dio landscapes. These were ruined buildings and doorways, etc. and had said something like "Can hold 2 figures". They looked pretty good and the price was not too high, anyone recall where I can find these...
  2. S

Needing tips for weathering slings/weapon straps/leather

My weathering has been improving lately but one area I am having trouble with is getting leather slings and belts (especially DML products) to look finely aged. Does anyone have any good tips or recommended products that give the items a slightly cracked and used leather look? Thanks! :!:
  3. S

Wunsche aiguillette??

I haven't the slightest idea how to even being to knot this thing up, anyone have any tips? EDIT: Figured it out!
  4. S

New DID German soon? Now announced. SA Figure.

From the Battlerhino e-mail update: Expected release dates DiD- Will be announcing a new German figure next week. Napoleonic 95th and Samurai and a new WWII come out next month. Cool! Any guesses?
  5. S

DID - Keitel's greatcoat?

Has anyone figured out how to attach the shoulder boards to the leather coat? Thanks.
  6. S

SS shoulder board queries

Does anyone sell Waffen SS NCO shoulder boards? I am having trouble finding any at all. Also- who is doing the best looking collar tab insignia/pips these days? I am interested in CVI's stuff and would like some opinions.
  7. S

Simple winter soldat bash

I think I saw a Heer guy like this on a DML 1/35 box or an Osprey book, had to recreate it. I put a little Tamiya weathering dirt on a reversed Ebner uniform and then coated that with a clear acrylic spray. Bought a loose Alfons MP 40 case to add a nice finishing touch. He isn't too dirty yet...
  8. S

Clear lacquer & weathering?

Has anyone that weathers with chalks/semi-permanent materials ever tried using clear lacquer or some sort of sealant on their uniforms? I bought some Tamiya clear lacquer spray and laid some coats down over a uni I dusted with chalk and some Tamiya weathering stuff just for the hell of it...
  9. S

How exactly are zelts attached?

I just picked up Berthold and Ernst today and managed to snap both the bayonets so I'm not really eager to rip some leather straps, how is the zelt to be folded and attached onto the soldier? (Terrible day in terms of breaking new parts... Two broken bayonets plus I even managed to break those...
  10. S

1/6 vehicle recommendations please!

Hey guys what would be a good German 1/6 vehicle to start with? Nothing too expensive I've just bought a 1/1 scale Japanese transport vehicle! I would like something well made that could be painted and modified to my preferences.. I'm looking at sdkfz kits, what is the level of difficulty and...
  11. S

Reinhardt Witt pack question..

On Witt's backpack there is a loop and buckle contraption on the upper left side, now what exactly attaches to this? The shovel with the leather cover? Also, how much gear would these guys take? Wirecutters, bayonet, saw, flags, side packs? Seems like a lot of gear, perhaps they only took what...
Back