• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. gary1930

My 1/6th Collection on Display

Wife and I got tired of the San Antonio summers, and bought a condo in my hometown of North Canton Ohio. It has a basement where I built shelves and moved most of my collection. Pics coming when I figure out how to post them. For now, they are here...
  2. gary1930

Wc 54

Wow! Where did that come from?
  3. gary1930

Personal Update

Thanks for all your prayers. They must be working as the last pet scan showed nothing unexpected. Start chemo tomorrow. Bought a snowbird condo in North Canton, Ohio which has a 25'x12' basement rec room to finally dispay all my toys. They are currently in a 5x10 storage locker stacked to...
  4. gary1930

Personal Update

Many thanks for all the encouraging words and your prayers. I am progressing better than anybody expected. My surgeon said I am a poster boy for brain surgery. That's not an honor I really wanted. I have 10-15 days of radiation therapy followed by who knows how much chemo coming up, but my...
  5. gary1930

Newbie Here !!

Matthew, I'm very happy to see your incredible talents coming here. The 1/6th community will be much richer with you on board. Gary
  6. gary1930

Personal Update

Last week I was taken to the hospital with what my wife and friend believed was a stroke. Thankfully It wasnt, but they did find two cancerous brain tumors which were surgically removed on 3/30.:eek: :eek: I was released from the hospital yesterday, and am back home shuffling around. I have...
  7. gary1930

Nashorn Sd.Kfz.164 Build

Looks great. I swore I would never attempt a metal tank, but I might have to rethink that.
  8. gary1930

I Love The Smell Of Blitzkreig In The Morning

Wish I were there!
  9. gary1930

Hammer's Africaners

Smooth deal. Thanks.
  10. gary1930

Marder ll (late version)

Superb! and thanks for answering my question on the gun elevating mechanism.
  11. gary1930

"Battlezone" Mark...

Thanks for our smooth transaction.
  12. gary1930

Panzerjuan Flat Plastic SdKfz 222 questions

I made a wooden dummy spare wheel, covered with canvas as most were in the pics I saw. Used a 1/4" bolt through the hull to fasten it. the cover hides it.
  13. gary1930

Armor Hobbies 250 hull question

I bought four or so, with no problems like that. I wonder if that batch got close to heat? I know heat and sunlight make styrene brittle. Don;t know about ABS.
  14. gary1930

Marder II Conversion Kit is on

I'll go for the second test cut this weekend, and get pics up. A lot of trial and error is involved to get things right, and my laser cutter is 15 miles away. I'm glad to see panzerwerk is offering the driver's visor among his II F parts. That will save me a lot of time.
  15. gary1930

Czech 38 vehicle question

Great idea. There was a lot of interest in my Gepard when I first made it. Panzerwerk sells the wheels and tracks, so you could concentrate on the hull.
  16. gary1930

Marder II questions

I am progressing nicely on the conversion kit, but I am hung up on a couple points. 1. What is the difference between the early and late version? I have drawings of both from the Armor Photogallery book, but cannot see any difference. 2. The 21st Pak 40 has a curved arm with teeth...
  17. gary1930

Detailing The Panzer II Part 4. Converting to Ausf F

Mike, will you consider selling just the F-style driver's visor? This part will be needed for the Marder II conversions.
  18. gary1930

Marder ll (late version)

A couple questions.... 1. What is the difference between the early and late version? I have drawings of both from the Armor Photogallery book, but cannot see any difference. 2. The 21st Pak 40 has a curved arm with teeth extending downward from the bottom. I assume this is the elevating...
  19. gary1930

Quality of TAOWAN Vehicles.

I bought the 222, but have not bought any other Tao Wan vehicles, and will not. No problem with stinky tires, but I do have a problem with bad spot welds, and broken off parts revealing extensive rust underneath. I would keep children far away from it. Risk of Tetanus infection should not be...
Back