• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. gary1930

My 1/6th Collection on Display

Wife and I got tired of the San Antonio summers, and bought a condo in my hometown of North Canton Ohio. It has a basement where I built shelves and moved most of my collection. Pics coming when I figure out how to post them. For now, they are here...
  2. gary1930

Personal Update

Last week I was taken to the hospital with what my wife and friend believed was a stroke. Thankfully It wasnt, but they did find two cancerous brain tumors which were surgically removed on 3/30.:eek: :eek: I was released from the hospital yesterday, and am back home shuffling around. I have...
  3. gary1930

Marder II questions

I am progressing nicely on the conversion kit, but I am hung up on a couple points. 1. What is the difference between the early and late version? I have drawings of both from the Armor Photogallery book, but cannot see any difference. 2. The 21st Pak 40 has a curved arm with teeth...
  4. gary1930

Marder II Conversion Kit is on

I cut these sheets by hand to see how it would go together. I won't be able to get the fit right until I get the Panzer II kit as I don't want to chop up my complete tank. I am using the 1/35 Dragon kit, Panzer Tracts 7-2, and the Schiffer book Panzerjaeger as references. The final version...
  5. gary1930

Styrene or ABS?

I've been using sheet styrene for my customs for years. Recently I needed to bond some brackets to ABS rod, and I got my laser cutter to try cutting the brackets from 3/16" ABS sheet. The cuts came out perfect, much nicer than on styrene which tends to melt and sometimes burn. I'm thinking...
  6. gary1930

Tiger jack block question

In the photo below, are those the jack blocks stowed under the left Fiefel air cleaner? Were they mounted horizontally? Thanks. http://image.space.rakuten.co.jp/lg01/05/0000063505/20/imgb6ce7cd8zik4zj.jpeg
  7. gary1930

For the Bikers amongst us...

A tough looking biker was riding his Harley when he sees a lovely young girl about to jump off a bridge, so he stops. "What are you doing?" he asks. "I'm going to commit suicide," she says. While he did not want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an opportunity. So he asked...
  8. gary1930

Some progress on my Sturmtiger

This is a project I started about three years ago. The lower hull is done, and hidden in the attic. It will accept FOA Tiger wheels and tracks. The MG is from panzerwerk, but everything else is scratchbuilt. The laser cutter came in very handy for many of the parts. It's about ready for...
  9. gary1930

Lookee what I found!

I had to drive 260 miles to get it, but I'm glad I did. It's the Dragon DX06 Flak 38 which came with the shields and the AH 51 trailer, all brand new in a box. All are made in hard plastic, not polystone as some have reported. Only two problems: the trailer wheels do have negative camber...
  10. gary1930

rjsonofhss

I just received a command car from Bob. Good price, well packed, and shipped promptly. Buy from him with confidence.
  11. gary1930

Flak 38/ AH 51 Trailer Reference?

Can anybody direct me to a source on how the Flak 38 mounts to an AH 51 trailer? Thanks.
  12. gary1930

Dragon Sd.Ah. 51 trailer?

Is there any hope Dragon will release this as a kit?
  13. gary1930

Legends Toys and Hobbies

I bought a Taowan 222 from Legends Toys and Hobbies on Ebay. It was described in the listing as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item." It was a one-only, free shipping, buy-it-now auction. When they shipped it, I got a curious email assuring me they had checked it for damage...
  14. gary1930

Late War 3 ton Zugkraftwagen

If I ever get around to finishing my Sturmtiger, this will carry the shells for it. For now, it gets a Dragon Flak 38. I used the AFV Club model for dimensions, and pics of the real thing from a museum. The wheels, tracks, muffler, and tow hitch are 251 items from Rolling Thunder. Lights...
  15. gary1930

Dunkelgelb paint?

I know many of you use Tamiya TS-3 for Dunkelgelb. Some use Model Master Panzer Dunkelgelb 1943, which is very close. Some in the modeling community claim Floquil Armor Yellow is correct, but this is a much brighter yellow. Is there any concensus of which is correct? I ask because I have...
  16. gary1930

Sd. Kfz. 251/121

Maybe, maybe not. If they tried the Renault R75 turret on a 251, why not a Panzer II turret? This is the master of the turret for the forthcoming Panzer II F from plasticpanzers. The Veryhot 251 D is going to thetoysurgeon who will have a surprise modification to it for Joelanta 2008.
  17. gary1930

Ungluing 2-part epoxy

I was applying heat from a heat gun to a plastic part I had epoxied to something else, when the part just fell off. So if you want to unglue something you have epoxied, put a little heat on it.
  18. gary1930

Rolling Thunder Tech

Their Tiger I kit is one of the best values out there. More importantly, Leonard was very accommodating in swapping out parts that I didnt need for parts that I did need. He goes the extra mile to see that his customers are satisfied.
  19. gary1930

Dragon Late Tiger inner road wheels from Aldo Wenning

These are very nicely done and match the outer road wheels from the FOA/Rolling Thunder kit both in diameter and appearance. They have about a 1/2" hole in the back which I filled with resin, then drilled a 1/4" hole into for the axle. I got mine from Battle Rhino. Panzersniper also has them...
  20. gary1930

Pics, pics, and more pics....

Web Page Link Click on "Telecharger" under any pic and you can download a zip file of several pictures of that vehicle.
Back