• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. A

German Field Graves

Im sure the picture we dont see is a T34 doing brodies on the graves.....! War makes people do crazy things!
  2. A

German Field Graves

When I Googled WWII battlefield graves...it was amazing the literature that is on the net about massed graves all over that are being unearthed. I would expect that the smaller roadside or battle site graves were desecrated long ago and it may add to Sparky was saying. Steve
  3. A

German Field Graves

Tim, Thanks....all the photos i can get will help out alot...!!! Steve
  4. A

German Field Graves

John, As usual, you come through with a great pic. Thanks. I recall seeing a german grave site in what appeared to be the hedgerow areas of normandy with a dirt embankment in the background with a ton of vegitation. The cross was an Iron cross and there was a german helmet sitting on one of...
  5. A

German Field Graves

Hi all, After several hours of scouring the internet for photographs, I am gonna ask the fellow members for assistance. I am looking for photographs of German field graves where the top of the grave markers were iron crosses. I am trying to see how they made them and what info was on them...
  6. A

Hammer Six

I conducted a large transaction with Dick. He was fantastic to work with and made payment quickly. Communication was very good throughout the entire process. I would deal with the gentleman again in the future!! Steve
  7. A

Questions about 231

Still working on my 231 I got from Gary.....and was wondering if the Puma 234/21 and the 231 had the same wheel configuration and transmission? I am thinking of purchasing an East Coast Armory set and want to make sure it will be accurate... Thanks, STeve
  8. A

Contest Is Now Open, Final Notes Please Read

Would a bash that was partially built (hull) and is being finished with all the details be acceptable for entry #2??
  9. A

How can you simulate frost or frozen skin???

Just a thought.......in roadway striping...the lines you see as you drive down the road are set down with a very hot mix of plastic and paint. What gives the lines there reflective ability at night is the pulverized glass that is thrown on the striping at the time of application. I have seen...
  10. A

Monte Cassino Weather?!!!

The last time I checked....it was pouring.....down stone and concrete and mother earth and oh yeah....bombs......! Crappy weather for anytime of year! Hope that helped.....(sorry...but I could not resist.) Steve
  11. A

Fat Figures?

Dont know if this would work, though I have pondered it myseft for a try.....but I was thinking about taking the plaster rolls used for modeling mountian terrain in scale railroads and cutting it into strips, soaking it and then placing it in the areas I wanted to bulk up. Just a thought.
  12. A

Armorpax gun shield HELP needed.

John is correct. I had to use superglue and it has been two years with no issue. It has its place in the hobby. Good luck. Steve
  13. A

Check out the Field Hospital!

Nicely done.
  14. A

Dragon Flak and Flak emplacement

John, Glad to hear you got the piece. Hope the Bday gift wasnt that disappointing. I don't think any model of anything in the 1/6th world is without need of tinkering. Some require more tinkering than others but if I personally didn't enjoy the modelling aspect of this hobby, I would just...
  15. A

Favorite DML Figure??

Without a doubt this is my choice, using the Dave Letterman countdown: 3.) The Tick 2.) Stay Puff Marshmellow Man 1.) Sponge Bob Square Pants!!!
  16. A

picture download Better Hurry !!

Need to win the lottery for this stuff. Great link.
  17. A

Update on Sd Sfz-7 build

She is really taking shape. I am very interested in seeing the developement. Steve
  18. A

8th Anniversary

Yes it folds
  19. A

8th Anniversary

John.....throw in the fact its fathers day this month and add that to your favor.....!!!!!
  20. A

8th Anniversary

I guess I don't need to send out the pics then Dennis.....lol. I think the Flak is a nice piece. I will probably rienforce the seats though with metal pins just because. Steve
Back