• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. J

It’s been a long time

Hello everyone, It’s been over 10 years since I’ve been able to get back to 1/6th. I was here on this board quite a bit back in the early days selling bits and pieces of stuff but a whole lot of life got in the way and I had to pack everything up and put it in storage. I’ve moved 5 times since...
  2. J

My apologies. Sorry for my disappearance.

Hello everyone, I'm really sorry for the disappearing act I was in the middle of placing orders for some members of the group when I was called out of town for work. While I was gone I had two dear friends pass away one right after the other one of who was a 1/6th WWII enthusiast whom I looked...
  3. J

New 1/6th scale items from Jack Yang!

Hey guys, Take a look at my update in the Maintenance Battalion as my manufacturer just finished a VERY LIMITED supply of super awesome furniture and stuff some of which there are only 10 in supply and when they're gone they're gone! He's worked very hard on these items and he's very serious...
  4. J

SMQ Headsculpt

Hi guys, Here's a sculpt that has been long time in the works. I had to shrink the original mold using special technique and it came out ok. Let me know what you think as I am still trying to get it just right. The one on the left is the original almost 1/5th scale head. The one in the middle...
  5. J

Return to SAG and 1/6th again

Hello group, I hope everyone has been well. It's been a while since I've been back in country and a longer while since I've touched 1/6th. I ran out of gas trying to make this movie. I filled up my shop with so much stuff. So I was out in the 1/1 scale world making back the money and had to go...
  6. J

Dragon Panzer II C!!!

Anyone else see this: Dragon Models USA - 1/6 Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf.C DAK Jack
  7. J

U.S. 55 gal fuel drums for sale! 16 left!!!

Hi all, I have for sale 16 U.S. 55 gal fuel drums made by William in Singapore. He has 20 left and 4 are spoken for. If anyone is interested please pm me. I need to place the order soon. They are $12 each get them while they last. They are unpainted. I'm not sure if he is going to make anymore...
  8. J

RC Schwimmwagen Redux

Hi All, Thanks to board member George's inquiry I decided to take another look at my RC Schwimmer to see if I couldn't improve on the model. I wasn't happy with the way the rear drive system was mounted to the hull and I didn't have pictures of the inside detail on real schwimmers to compare to...
  9. J

Field kitchen milk cans, utensils, and stools!

Hello everyone, Here is the link to the thread: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/maintenance-battalion/10005-german-field-kitchen-food-containers-metal-buckets-7.html#post150518 I got stiffed by a board member so now I have extra bits to offer other board members. Get it while you can I...
  10. J

WAR! Shots from the Set!

Hello everyone, Just thought I'd share some screenshots from our last test. Things went very well and we now know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy! These are primarily explosion tests. Too bad we all forgot to drive the Jeep or the VW over one of the charges. That would have...
  11. J

Liquid containers

Hello all, I would like to see how many people would like these made: The containers circled in red are being looked at right now. Please let me know if anyone is interested so I can make an accurate projection. Jack
  12. J

Anyone know where to get 1/6th train track and other stuff?

Hello all, For the 1/6th movie I will need a 1/6th train with track to match. Anyone know where I can get the track? Is there a scale of model trains that is around 1/6th? It would be great if there was. What scale is that kind of train that people ride around at kids parks and stuff? My...
  13. J

Aluminum replacement for white nylon gear in RC Stuart!

Hello all, I've personally never broken or stripped one before but once you destroy that gear your Stuart is done. I've taken the initiative and looked for alternative replacements. I've just spoken to my foundry guy and he says that the white nylon gear I sent him can be cast in aluminum. The...
  14. J

WAR! 1/6 EPIC FILM ...now recruiting "ACTORS"

Hello All, I've been really busy lately and I apologize for the lack of posts. I've been finalizing this project and working full time. This is for everyone interested. My response and the storyline is at the bottom half of the page. Thanks in advance...
  15. J

1/6th RC Stuart and T16 Track Build

Hi All, I finally got my Stuart tracks online. Got a decent table in the workroom and now I'm pumping out parts like a Chinese sweatshop! I can say that because I'm Chinese and I sweat when I make the parts so it's technically accurate. Here are some pics: I am planning...
  16. J

S.M.Q. Action Figure!!!

Hi all, Since my amazing sculptor has created the best damn S.M.Q. head I've ever seen, this has prompted me to go ahead and make the complete action figure. Please look at the S.M.Q. Headsculpt thread to see pictures of the final result. Scott Carter of FadedArmor is going to take the first...
  17. J

S.M.Q. Headsculpt!!

Hello All, Just thought I'd post and ask your feedback on this one. The first picture is the rough and the second is the final. What do you think of it? Jack
  18. J

1/6th WWII Movie!!!

Hi all, Just wanted to share with everyone a little film I put together last week. I was experimenting with a section of my film that I want to make and here is a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ5B5y1XEd4 Hope you enjoy and there will be more to come! Jack
  19. J

1/6th Items for Sale from Jack Yang

Hi All, I'm glad everyone has been enjoying the items I've been able to offer to the group. Here is a picture of everything I have for sale to this date. Soup ladle $4 Rice scoop $4 Strainer $4 Stool $2 Apron $2 Milk churn $15 Food container $15 U.S. fuel drum $16 (2 for $30) Bucket...
  20. J

1/6 metal U.S. 55 gallon drums for sale!!

Hello all, Since the food containers, buckets and milk churns have been such a hit, I got the next thing from my guy in Singapore: They are hand made from galvanized sheet metal. They are .2kg before shipping. My guy is only going to make 20 of them so if anyone is interested please...
Back