• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. S

Armortek Sherman BARV at McMichael Rally 2013

A couple of videos of the Sherman BARV conversion picking on things bigger than itself: Armortek Sherman BARV at McMichael Rally 2013 - 1 - YouTube Armortek Sherman BARV at McMichael Rally 2013 - 2 - YouTube Adrian.
  2. S

All metal Jeep

Following on the the Flakvierling thread this vendor is also offering an "all metal" jeep: Toys Model WWII Full Metal US Willys MB 1/4 TON 4X4 Track Jeep 1/6 IN STOCK | eBay Not such a bargain, as it's $300 + $83 postage (to the UK) I've not seen this mentioned in any of the forums ? If it's...
  3. S

Tiger rear reflector

I've been looking through the old Armortek forum and came across a posting by Robin Ellis about modifying a warning light from Halfords to use as the lens in the rear reflector. The result is quite realistic, although the lens has fresnel rings rather than the diamond reflector plates of the...
  4. S

Armortek 2003 Mid Tiger Rebuild

In June 2010, the day before Tankfest , I was fortunate enough to purchase an original 2003 Mid Tiger through eBay. The Tiger was almost completed, but the owner, rather than paint it, had polished all the aluminium to a near mirror finish, and painted the steel work gloss black, resulting a...
  5. S

Armortek Sherman Return Roller Bracket Improvements

Here's something I've been working on for quite some time now. The return roller brackets on both Sherman models have been simplified for production purposes so I was interested to see how easy it would be to improve their accuracy. It starts off with two pieces of 2mm steel. I've made up...
  6. S

M4A4 underside engine access panel shape?

Does anyone know when the left hand (as viewed from the rear) underside engine access hatch on the M4A4 changed from rectangular to trapezoidal ? All the diagrams and scale kits (Tasca etc) I have found seem to have rectangular hatches but both M4A4 tanks of which I have pictures (London...
  7. S

New Sherman Modelling book.

It looks like the boys at AFV Modeller have cottoned on to the fact that not only is the long promised "Son of Sherman Modellers Guide" still nowhere to be seen but also that they've now run a string of their own Sherman articles, so they are releasing them together in a single publication: M4...
  8. S

FooFighter MIA ?

Anyone know if there's anything amiss with Steel Dragons ? Richard seems to be MIA since the summer and not responding to emails. Adrian.
  9. S

Headsculpt identification

Anyone know the name of Dragon HS #87 ? I can't seem to find him in any of the online lists. He arrived as a DAK figure but unboxed, so could have started out as anything. Adrian.
  10. S

Sherman technical manual?

Does anyone here have access to this Technical Manual on the Sherman drive train in the 3 piece transmission housing ? I'm investigating making one of these transmission housings for an Armortek 1/6th model but I would like to know if this TM contains drawings showing the radii for the three...
  11. S

Another RC Jeep conversion

I've slowly been working on converting an SOTW jeep to radio control and though it time to upload a couple of pics. The Jeep conversion is based on one by an OSS forum member, although his was built around a Hasbro Jeep rather than the SOTW, and I'm endebted to him for his help getting the...
  12. S

Dragon Kubelwagen servicing.

Is it possible to remove the balloon tyres from the Dragon Kubel ? Do they need softening in hot water to aid removal ? Also, is the Kubel kit available yet ? I've not been able to find any in the usual etailer stores. Adrian.
  13. S

M4 mortar carrier crew

This year's project is going to be an Armotek half-track, converted to become an MTO M4 mortar carrier. At the moment, I'm researching the crew members. Below is a picture showing the crew positions for an M4A1, which is the closest I can find. The US FM for the M4 shows a crew of: 1...
Back