• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. S

New 1/6 scale website directory, need help

Howdy all, Putting together a new 1/6 scale website directory. Need help getting all the links (want to get everything out there). Here is the website: One Sixth Directory Also, anyone want to donate a couple of pictures for the top? Jon
  2. S

The Red Army (1943-1945)

Here is a Red Army Platoon I've been working on for awhile. The platoon is down to three squads because of casualties, with the first squad picking up the extra LMG. I tried to mix and match the uniforms to give the group a very eclectic feel. They have lots of custom pieces (some are detailed...
  3. S

MG-34s in Mexican Cartel Weapons Caches.

Just a short bit about at least two MG-34s showing up in the violence in Mexico, in case you were looking for one and all. Mexican Cartel Tactical Note #11A | Small Wars Journal
  4. S

K Ration Cases & Such

Finally got around to doing these. K Ration cases. One on the left was a bit rough but one on right is how they should turn out from now on. I've got stuff to make ten more sets (you can find info at maintenance battalion). Also got to making some wool blankets.
  5. S

WWII Medical Gear, Field Kitchen supplies, and such

WWII Medical Gear, K Ration Cases, Blankets, Field Kitchen supplies, and such Howdy all, some items I make. PM me German Wood Crates - $5.00 Each - Variety of Marking available - "Property of Wehrmacht" "Whermact w/ Eagle" "Eagle" German Redcross markings. Can do a variety of sizes. Just...
  6. S

Various Items - Ration Bags, Sanbags, Medical Items

Howdy all, some items I make. PM me, or email me at sawemoff2009@yahoo.com I am always interested in trading for WWII Soviet gear from most makers, Dragon headsculpts post 2004, Chicom/Vietcong/NVA Gear, Russian Afghanistan Gear, German field gear (think grenade cases, panzerfaust boxes)...
  7. S

Webbing supplier

Howdy, Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I found this today: They offer cotton tapes in different sizes from 1/8 inch, up. Based out of WI. $2 for 10 yards - plus shipping. http://www.wmboothdraper.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=246
  8. S

German SS Medic

I made the medic bag based off a website that used to exist on German medical gear:
  9. S

Spring 2010 LSSR Meet- Flak Battery

Howdy - just getting around to putting these up. This was done by the Lone Star Scale Raiders in the Spring of 2010 Some older photoshoots can be found here: Lone Star Scale Raiders
  10. S

Does anyone have a reference for Russian/ Soviet Life Vest?

Howdy everyone, Does anyone know, or have a reference for, a WWII Soviet life jacket. I figured the soviet's would have their own version of a Kapok, but months of searching and I have not been able to find a picture of one. Did they exist? Thanks
  11. S

sawemoff2009

I am an avid student of history, which has been supported by and enhanced my interest in 1/6th modeling. I have been around the hobby for awhile but have just recently got back involved after a couple years of a lull. I find that SAG is conducted highly professionally and the information is...
Back