• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

6th Scale Icons Contest Rules and Entry Instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixty Driver

Administrator
Dear members of the Sixth Army Group,

6th Scale Icons Inc., is happy to announce and sponsor the first and possibly annual Vehicle and Diorama contest. Prizes awarded will be in the form of 6th Scale Icons gift certificates for 6th Scale Icons products with a total value of $2250.00 to make the contest interesting and worthwhile. The contest will run from now until January 30, 2009 to give everyone time to take part. The contest includes three prize categories and one prestige category to allow as many members as possible, the chance to enter. Entries must relevant to WW2 in keeping with the theme of my product line and the Sixth Army Group. The exception to this requirement is the group diorama which may include any era.

There are only few simple rules, your honesty and integrity are crucial to this contests success.

CONTEST CATEGORIES:

1. SCRATCH BUILT AFV OR VEHICLE:

Any Axis or Allied AFV or vehicle built from scratch, custom purchased parts may be used in the build. As a minimum the major component of the vehicle must be scratch built. Major components include hull and turret, chassis, body, or frame (motorbikes).

Figures may be used to enhance entry, but will not be part of the judging.

JUDGES CRITERIA:

1. Fit and finish
2. Level of effort
3. Percentage of scratch built components

RULES:

1. Vehicles are the builders original work, purchased vehicles do not qualify.
2. Vehicles will be photographed with a plain background, and shall not be photographed in a "diorama" type of setting.
3. Figures shall be limited to crew members only, and may or may not be posed in/at their crew stations.

ENTRY SUBMISSION:

Entries will be placed by the entrant in the contest section of the SAG. You may submit up to 10 photographs of your entry. You should provide a brief narrative on the construction process, keeping in mind this narrative will provide the framework for the judges to consider level of effort, amount of scratch building etc.

2. KIT BUILT/KIT BASH AFV OR VEHICLE.

Any Axis or Allied AFV or vehicle built from a purchased kit, or derived from an existing pre-built vehicle whereby the vehicle has been significantly altered, detailed and painted. An example of a kit bash would be converting a TUS Jeep to an SAS desert vehicle or to a British Airborne Jeep.

Figures may be used to enhance entry, but will not be part of the judging.

JUDGES CRITERIA:

1. Fit and finish
2. Level of effort

RULES:

1. Vehicles are the builders original work, purchased vehicles do not qualify.
2. Vehicles will be photographed with a plain background, and shall not be photographed in a "diorama" type of setting.
3. Figures shall be limited to crew members only, and may or may not be posed in/at their crew stations.

ENTRY SUBMISSION:

Entries will be placed by the entrant in the contest section of the SAG. You may submit up to 10 photographs of your entry. You should provide a brief narrative on the construction process, keeping in mind this narrative will provide the framework for the judges to consider level of effort.

3. DIORAMA USING ANY WW2 AFV, VEHICLE OR WHEELED GUN AND FIGURES BY A INDIVIDUAL.

This may be any type of diorama large or small, but must include at least one or more AFV's, vehicles or wheeled guns which may include ready built purchased models. This is to be judged on the overall realistic look of the diorama including figure pose and realism of the scene. You may submit up to 10 photographs of your entry. You should provide a brief narrative about the diorama including the action/story, keeping in mind this narrative will provide the framework for the judges to consider your entry.

JUDGES CRITERIA:

1. Realism of figure poses.
2. Overall belief of the scene.
3. Level of effort.

RULES:

1. Diorama will be the entrants own work.
2. Vehicles entered in the scratch built or kit built/kit bash entry may not be used.

ENTRY SUBMISSION:

Entries will be placed by the entrant in the contest section of the SAG. You may submit up to 10 photographs of your entry. You should provide a brief narrative on the construction process, keeping in mind this narrative will provide the framework for the judges to consider level of effort.

4. DIORAMA BY A GROUP OR CLUB.
No prize, just the prestige aspect. This can be of any diorama set up in the past or new, set up at shows or meetings. This will be a great way for groups and clubs to show what they have done in the past or present.

GENERAL RULES:

1. No professional builder may enter the categories with prizes, a professional is deemed as a person that sells products or their skills for a living. Hobbyist that work part time and sell some of their products to finance their hobby is not considered a professional. Professionals may be involved with the group diorama. It will be hard to control this so I leave it to your honesty and integrity.

2. Individuals may enter one item in contest 1 or 2, but not both and one entry in contest 3 using different AFV's, vehicles or wheeled guns. Items entered in contest 1 or 2 may not be used in contest 3.

3. Contest entries do not have to be newly made for the contest. Anything you have built in the past is acceptable.

4. Judges will have final say in all matters, including the right to reject any entry that is deemed to be professionally built. Lets hope it does not come to that and we maintain the good will that has always been present on this board.

5. Final entries must be posted by 1800 hours January 30, 2009. Winners will receive a e-mail notice from 6th Scale Icons Inc., with details on how to redeem your prizes.

7. Depending on items selected by winners, orders using the gift certificates may take time to delivery as all 6th Scale Icons Inc., products are assembled to order.

8. Anyone making an entry into a category may not be involved in judging or control of that category. But may place entries in other categories. This enables those involved in the running of the contest to also take part. Here again your honesty and integrity is relied on. This will also mean having a good pool of qualified judges we may not have if we bar them from the contest completely.

PRIZES:

Each of the prize categories will have three positions, 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.

Ist Place. 6th Scale Icons Inc., $350.00 Gift Certificate

2nd Place. 6th Scale Icons Inc., $250.00 Gift Certificate

3rd Place. 6th Scale Icons Inc., $150.00 Gift Certificate

Winners are expected to pay shipping and insurance cost or may elect to include this as part of certificate.

Comments from the sponsor.
As a special bonus that I hope will increase the participation. Anyone making entries into the three prize categories may place an order with me after the item is posted and before January 30, 2009 to receive a discount. Order must be paid for by February 14, 2009 and can not be used in conjunction with any other offers, discounts or pre-production prices that I offer. Discounts: One entry 5% discount, two entries 10% discount.

Depending on how successful this contest is I may make it annual. If I decide to do this I will also add to the prize list a trophy for each place in each prize category similar to the ones given at the OSF Expo in Las Vegas.

Many of you may wonder why I have decided to do this. The first reason is to promote 6th Scale Icons Inc. The second is that I feel kind of badly about not being able to hold another OSF Expo. I know many of you that attended or could not make the first one wanted another show and many SAG members put in a lot of free time to make it happen. However financially it is not possible. With this contest I feel I can still give the members of this board some extra enjoyment in a wonderful hobby in which I have found many new friends. It also allows me a opportunity to give back a little to a community that has sustained me for the past few years.

Mike Stannard
6th Scale Icons Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back