• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Amazon UK

Loke666

Battalion Commander
I have ordered books here several times.

Several things are not ok:
- all prices are without british WAT - wich will sudenly appear once you ordered - not a good way to do business.
- all product have a "availability status" - these are fake! I have now every time ( I mean every time ) been cheated - books that was set to be available within 24 hours suddenly can't be delievered before 2 or 3 weeks - and then in the end you get a mail - saying sorry we can't deliever at all.

Problem is allways that I order several books to safe postage and they allways send the not very wanted/important/sought after books fast - while the one that started the order never gets delievered.

its allmost impossible to contact them - it can be done - if you have the patience to search their site a very long time. And you can never just rely their mails - you have to go through the whole pratice again.

I'm sick and tired od theese guys!

This is may last mail to them:

Dear Amazon

You are such a bunch of sorry loosers - not every time - but every f****** time I have ordered something from you - you havn't keept your own estimates - either you havn't delievered at all - or it have taken you - not twice the estimated time - but ten times the estimated time!
How can you run a business like that??

I'll bet that you'll stall this order for several weeks and then in the end tell me that you can't deliever at all.

I dare you to make a rating poll on your customer-service on your site for all to see - I can't be the only one who have been f***** by you so many times.

This is your last chance - deliever or loose me as a customer.

Henrik Jürs

Well now I got the following reply.

An apology and a 3£ giftcertificate is mighty fine - but thhey didn't tell me if "backordered" means that I will get the book someday or if I should try to find it somewhere else.
Also their mails says nothing about the other book in my order - will they send that and when?

Henrik Jürs

the mail:

Dear Customer

Thank you for writing to Amazon.co.uk

Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you experienced with
the shipping estimate for this order. Sometimes unexpected
fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability
estimate. We have learned that " F.A.Q.: Frequently Asked Questions
About AFV Painting Techniques" is now back-ordered.

In an effort to compensate for any inconvenience caused by this, I
have issued a 3.00 GBP gift certificate.

The promotional gift certificate funds have already been added to
your Amazon.co.uk account.

When you place a qualifying order you will be able to see that the
value of your gift certificate has been deducted from the total cost
in the order summary. When you have successfully placed your order,
the following message will be displayed: "Thank you--we have
received your order".

If you click on the "Your Account" link, located at the top of our
homepage, you'll be able to view details of your order.

To check the status of your order, view estimated dispatch and
delivery dates, or cancel an item or order, please visit "Your
Account" at the top of any page on our website:

http://www.amazon.co.uk

Please contact us again using the link below if you have any further
questions:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/email

I hope this information is helpful to you. Once again I apologize
for such an inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience, and for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-y?c=xxhtyday3329165227
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-n?c=xxhtyday3329165227&q=ukff

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help
section of our website.

Warmest regards

Syedpeerbasha.S.K
Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk

Loke666";p="60171 said:
- all prices are without british VAT - wich will sudenly appear once you ordered - not a good way to do business.
Loke666";p="60171 said:
I have ordered books here several times.

Henrik, I agree about the service and availability, but there is no VAT on Books in the UK, so amazon only applies it after they know the shipping address as per EU rules, thats why it appears then.

There are several other book sellers in the UK along with other UK suppliers of other goods who ignore the EU ruling of applying the VAT rate of the EU country they shipp to, so you could try them.

But I always try Amazon.com first, usaully prices are lower and there is no VAT issue, entering the UK there are no taxes on books, so customs is fine, belgium were I live now, somethimes apply VAT, but that is no different than Amazon.co.uk would do automatically, and many parcels are not charged at all. I hope that helps?

The problem I have with Amazon is that they have a huge distribution centre about six miles from my front door and refuse to allow me to pick up any orders directly. They insist on sending items down to England and then back to Scotland which annoys me as they are screwing me for postage that I could easily avoid.

:(

eddiemcgarrigle";p="68454 said:
The problem I have with Amazon is that they have a huge distribution centre about six miles from my front door and refuse to allow me to pick up any orders directly. They insist on sending items down to England and then back to Scotland which annoys me as they are screwing me for postage that I could easily avoid.

:(

Why are they "screwing you" for postage ?.

Just because you happen to live a few miles away from where their distribution centre is, doesnt change the fact that Amazon are an internet retailer.

You know Amazons policies quite clearly before you decide to place an order with them, so if you dont like the fact that you live nearby but they wont let you pick up personally, dont deal with them, but dont criticise them because of it.

I am sure your own country has more than enough suitable substitute etailers/retailers if you dont like Amazons policies ...........

Back