• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

bugler oxfordshire & buckinghamshire light infantry ww2

giobbaz53

Marksman
hi, my friends - happy new year!!!!
this is my bugler of Normandy

2410359842.jpg

2300797548.jpg

1929239775.jpg

2091199767.jpg

952710400.jpg

Awesome...always a treat to see the 'Red Devils' and well visualised with your effort...up the Ox and Bucks. Steve

He's come out very well.
There are a couple of points : the Ox & Bucks were an Airlanding , Glider-borne Regiment, so would wear the standard Battledress trousers, not the Parachutists type with the special pockets.
And his webbing would probably be Blancoed one of the several possible shades of green.

I have been trying to find out the usual armament of buglers in action for years, but the Sten seems a likely answer. The other question is whether he acted as a bugler in action ( probably very rare ) or as a Stretcher-Bearer, which was the normal role of musicians.

"bugle is made in Tony Barton"

Thanks for that. I thought I'd seen it somewhere, and you solved that. I notice in the above view that the bugle has an ox and bucks badge on it. Dose that come molded in, or did you attach it?

Back