• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Easy 4-Step Wood Tutorial

ActionMan

Battalion Commander
If I can do it, anyone can!

You will need:

• Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow acrylic paint
  • Tamiya X-26 Clear Orange
  • Tamiya X-21 Flat Base
  • Dark brown chalk pastel
  • Wire brush
  • A little water

IMG_5998.jpg

The starting point:
IMG_6001.jpg

Step 1
Paint with Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow acrylic paint
IMG_6002.jpg

Step 2
Once dry, stroke from front to back with a hard wire brush
IMG_6004.jpg

Step 3
Rub with dark brown pastel (chalk-type, not oil). Rub in with your finger
IMG_6006.jpg

Step
Paint over with Tamiya X-26 Clear Orange mixed with a smear of Tamiya X-21 Flat Base and a little water and that's it done!
IMG_6008.jpg

Here's a 1:1reference
no9RHS.jpg

Variations
Vary the finish by changing:
the Step-1 paint colour
the Step-3 pastel colour
the Step-4 clear varnish colour.

Thanks AM :!: Results look great.

My own 1:1 Lee Enfield looks a lot more darker and flat finished than the 1:1 reference picture and not nearly as polished and oiled.

Looks good nice work.

I guess about the only rifle the folks in Calif. can own an old WW2 bolt action.

Snicker snicker.:rolleyes:

Jeff

I painted the middle one today - Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow undercoat, brown pastel and a Tamiya X-24 Clear Yellow varnish (mixed with a little matt varnish):

IMG_6015.jpg

Mine:
IMG_6015-1.jpg

Reference:
no9RHS.jpg

Back