• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Entry #12 "Big Red One"

SgtRock

Site Admin
June 6, 1944 Operation "Overlord":

With the Allied invasion underway, the assualt on the beaches of Normandy is taking a heavy toll on Allied forces. Meanwhile, scattered groups of the 101st Airborne fight inland against German defensive postions along key roads, lanes and paths. As morning comes our Paratroopers come upon just such a postion. They decide to assualt the position and attempt to knock out the Pak-40 and lookout tower.

1%7E8.jpg

2%7E7.jpg

3%7E7.jpg

4%7E7.jpg

5%7E7.jpg

6%7E7.jpg

More Pics from the dio I entered. Maybe the "Bludge" set could have placed or won, But I still feel this Dio was a top 5 contender to place or win as well.

contest1.jpg
contest2.jpg

contest3.jpg
contest4.jpg

contest5.jpg
contest6.jpg

contest7.jpg
contest8.jpg

contest9.jpg
contest10.jpg

contest11.jpg
contest12.jpg

It's a good dio. I think you may have lost points on accuracy though. The kubel is a Grossdeuscthland vehicle(they only fought on the eastern front) and the breech for the PAK is sitting on the ground. Otherwise, the pics and execution is great.

It's a very nice dio there is no doubt, and the level of effort is quite apparent. You were right in that you should have entered your Bulge dio for the contest though and as you said it's easy to get caught in the trap of bigger is better. In any even we sincerely appreciate your participation and enjoyed viewing your entry!

Yeah what Wayne said :) I realy enjoyed this dio, and these new pics are way cool, I like this one alot

contest3.jpg

Thanks for posting :)

BigFergSS";p="8160 said:
It's a good dio. I think you may have lost points on accuracy though. The kubel is a Grossdeuscthland vehicle(they only fought on the eastern front) and the breech for the PAK is sitting on the ground. Otherwise, the pics and execution is great.

BigFerg!

Finally! A critical eye not afraid of pointing out my mistakes. How else am I ever going to get better at our little hobby craft.

Ok, So is it the model of kubel or a marking I had on it? The breech on the ground could have been avoid.

Is there any way to see your total contest score and what other errors or mistakes you were docked for. I would really like to know what other areas I was weak in, so I can try to improve on them.

Thanks again for the great contest!

Fall Out!

I knew my lack of German knowledge would get me! Should have sticked to what I Know best America forces, and Im far from an expert at that either.

i judged it the same way , i loved the dio , the effort put into it is obyious , but i too knocked points for the PAK breach , and the unliklyness of a PPSH being in the the area you were representing , some other minor details , again a beautiful dio , please dont be discouraged , its really lovely work , and there will be another contest , with the possability of another even bigger grand prize in the future!!!

Nothing to be ashamed of here Big Red One...I really like it, especailly the machine gun tower images...awesome.

Kyle

Back