• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Goch-Calcar-Xanten

Johnny Canuck

Battalion Commander
3. DIORAMA USING ANY WW2 AFV, VEHICLE OR WHEELED GUN AND FIGURES BY A INDIVIDUAL.

Operation Blockbuster the conclusion of Veritable

With the First Canadian Army in firm control of Goch, Calcar has been outflanked. Once Calcar is in Allied hands Lt General Simonds will exploit down the Calcar-Xantan railway toward the Hochwald Layback.
Once through the Hochwald, Xantan will be taken by an armoured exploitation also directed at Wesel.
The US Ninth Army has launched Operation Grenade and have pushed 22 battalions across the Roer, they are meeting weak resistance and will link up with the 1st CA at Geldern within a few days.
As the troops redeploy for the final phase of Veritable ammunition and troops pour into Goch and the surrounding area.

CSDCanuck053ce.jpg

CSDCanuck012ce.jpg

CSDCanuck027ce.jpg

CSDCanuck024ce.jpg

CSDCanuck164cee.jpg

CSDCanuck108ce.jpg

CSDCanuck194ce.jpg

CSDCanuck159ce.jpg

CSDCanuck200ce.jpg

CSDCanuck199ce.jpg

Thanks for looking

Another outstanding Dio Johnny, you have way to much time on your hands, but sure do like to see what you come up with.
GB

Great set up! Always enjoy JC's work. The poses, the smaller scenes with-in the bigger picture. And an interesting history about the dio! Best of luck for your entry!!

I agree Geoff is a master of dio's. And his camera work is superb. He really captures the moment. The placeing, choice of figures, along with the vehicles brings the dio to life

Wonderful set up, great individual pieces, very nice images all add up to an amazing dio.
The busy, hustle and bustle urban look is very hard to achieve, and here it is mastered.
Congratulations!
E

If you ever get a chance to visit Geoff's place you will see what his basement looks like it's absolutely fantastic. And his backyard is also teriffic, what I could see above the snow

Back