• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

johnro6659

johnro6659

Brigade Commander
Hi guys,

I am a single father of a 17 year old boy who got me stated in this hobby almost ten years ago. He has found other things to do and really doesn't bother anymore but unfortunately I got the bug bad and continued collecting! LOL I estimate my collection at around 2000 figures and over 150 vehicles. I have a mix of old and new, W.W.II thru present day military, SOTW to Hot Toys figures. I have a decent collection of vintage Joes and accessories as part of all this collection.

I have been doing some type of modeling since I was around 8 years old had a few things published in a couple magazines a catalog or two and won a few modeling shows for my 1/25 scale custom cars.

I also collect 1/18 scale cars and I have several R/C Cars a few boats a plane and Helo and my favorite A W.W.II 1/48 scale German U-boat, I have a huge model RR collection, 1/35 scale and other various models. 10 Years working in a hobby shop I managed to amass a ton of crap! LOL For my other hobbies I bowed out of. I basically gave up my gun collection. my 12 muscle cars are down to two cars one POS Olds and my Ford Ranger Bigfoot, my guitar collection went from 27 to 5 maybe six this Sunday 6/26/05. When you live in a small apartment you run out of room fast and storage here is expensive. I run ten Yahoo collectors groups and monitor/moderate 5 others all to do with 1/6th scale items. Well, I think that's about it.

John has been looking and getting items for me up in New England.. What a guy to do this for me!. I can't thank him enough. Seems like we are always trading something here lately. I like it and I like John's hospitality. A big Thank you to you John.

Done a few cool trades with "Master" John... GREAT guy, absolutely no problems to deal with at all... Thanks Buddy and sorry for taking so long to post my comments (I'm forgetting everything these days :lol: )...

said he wanted to buy something, payed straight away, no messing about. a top bloke, cheers for helping me out :)

I was bleating about being screwed around by some Ebayers so John raided his own collection and sent me the kit! In fact he sent it twice, because the first package didn't arrive!

John is an absolute gentleman, and an ornament to our hobby.

Back