• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Kitbashed PzKmpf I, "104" 1.Co HQ Grp, 25th Pz Rgt

egonzinc

Brigade Commander
Panzerkampfwagen I “104”
1.Company HQ group
I. Battalion/25th Panzer Regiment
7th Panzer Division ( The "Ghost" Division )
XV Panzerkorps (Hoth)
May 1940

350701039.jpg

350701050.jpg

350701068.jpg

350701084.jpg

350701082.jpg

350701086.jpg

350701058.jpg

350701045.jpg

350701047.jpg

350701060.jpg

The tank is from Mardon Callanta/Panzerwerk with some additional detailing (with parts from Mike Stannard (tow rope, wire cutters, shovel, small axe, antennae, fire extinguisher, “S” shackle and crank handle) and Panzerwerk (jack, Notek light and a small headlamp) and painting.
The decals are from John’s Stuff.The headlamps that came with the tank looked to large, so I used one of the side head lamps as the main center headlamp, replaced one side headlamp with a US headlamp from Panzerwerk and replaced the left side small headlamp with a Notek light. Using other lamps as moulds, I made two covers with cloth which I painted with white glue. Once dry I made the rectangular openings and cut the sides. Then removed from the piece used as mould and placed in the headlamps on the tank. I then painted and weathered them a bit.
7 Pz Dv markings for France were used (inverted Y with three dots). I have plenty of references that red numbers with white outlines were used in France in the 7th Pz Dv. I will also use this vehicle with my other 7PzDv vehicles in a later time frame, I imagine it was not impossible for the old divisional insignia to be present in some vehicles in the 1941 summer offensive. The Divisional insignia for the 1941 time frame was a right side up “Y”. A mixture of glue , sand dirt and water was applied to undercarriage and then painted with airbrush, washes and dry-brushing.The whole vehicle had washes, some drybrushing, dustings with the airbrush and some graphite and gun metal applied to represent exposed metal from wear.Some rust effect here and there too.

Eduardo, I remember when you posted pictures of this and all I can say was What a Great Build. I would like to have one of those in my War Room. Great Looking.
GB

GB, Actually this one is brand new! You are probably thinking of a Pz 38t I posted couple of years ago.
E

Hi Eduardo

Just beautiful! Looks like the real thing that just rolled off the battlefield!!

Superb work!!!!

Kind regards
Tim

Love the look of this - long, low and mean. Great paint and detailing. Can I ask how you stained the tool handles? I have these tools myself from Mike and would like to get a similar look.

stug,
Mike makes various tools, some have wooden handles and others resin. These are resin. The shovel has a resin handle and metal spade. I painted with dark brown mix with air brush. I then went over the metal parts with a piece of paper towel dabbed in solvent(denatured alcohol). I then dry brushed the "wooden" area with various Tamiya acrylics, Nato Brown and a light pass with Desert Yellow. The small axe I forget, but I believe it is all resin. Painted with the same dark brown mix, then Gunmetal for the head and graphite to finish it off. The "wood" area the same as the shovel.
Glad you liked it!
E

A really well done vehicle. The early war tactics really made the Pz 1 and 2 quite effective, way beyond there actual capabilities. Imagine a meeting head on with a Char B on some lonely country lane in the Ardennes 1940. You model does them justice.

Geoff

Back