• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Quick Tech Hobby

johnro6659

Brigade Commander
This company Quick Tech Hobby Sedalia, MO. ripped me off for almost $45.00. I ordered the parts to repair my FW 190 from them after a few weeks I Emailed them asking if they were shipped. I got some lame reply saying that the parts were out of stock and the manufacturer was in the process of moving and they would ship the parts as soon as they got them. I asked them to cancel my order they said they would and forward a request for a refund to their accountants, That was back in late June. It's now Sept and my Emails get unanswered. My bank is trying to get my money back but because the company kept stringing me along they say it might be too late. Today I sent an Email to the local BBB and see if they can get my dough back. Next I'll file a fraud claim thru the local AGs office. DO NOT TRUST THIS ONLINE RETAILER! They have a customer comments page but it has been removed the company is not listed in the phone book either they don't post a phone # or address on their web page either so the only way to contact them is thru Email.

John,
that's a shame they didn't come thru for you. We talked about this I believe right after you made your order as I was looking at getting some stuff from them too. I felt there was something up and didn't place an order, I wish I could have been quicker on the draw for you though. You may want to go onto some of the RC plane forums and let them know, maybe someone knows these folks and can talk some sense into them.

Bob

Thanks, I actually got the link from an R/C forum. The site looks big they seem to have a ton of stuff. IMHO they should not have charged me if the items were not in stock or the company was no producing items. From what I understand PCIA was bought by Cox/Estees and moved to the west coast but Cox is not saying anything about what is going on. I hope that Cox will offer these items in the future. They are the only 1/6th FW 190 parts available and the cockpit would have been great with a little work and working lighted gauges I was planning on making for it. The cockpit I could scratchbuild if I can find some decent photographs, the cowl is a different story. Faux engines are available from other sources. I am hopeful I get my dough back eventually I won't let it rest! I guess I'm lucky in the nine or ten years I have been collecting this is the first time I have been burned.

Back