• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Richard at Steel dragons around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef12

Battalion Commander
Been trying to find out the size of those resin tracks he sells.

I have sent 3 to 4 emails to ask of the size.

No response at all. :s

But mail has been read good thing about AOL is you can see status of mail.

Will be awhile until I can order a set , maybe a long while ;but as I am adding the brackets to the rear of the M 5 I was needing the size of two links with the end connectors on so I can add the brackets and get all painted now, not as add ons latter.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

I was in touch with Richard just a month or so ago. He seemed very busy but he did get back to me.

Bob

Richard posted this over on the Armortek forum recently (Nov 17th)

"On a final note, one of our clients (....) contacted us to tell us that several of his club members could not reach us on the "sdragonsafv@aol.com email address. We have contacted AOL as well as our IT rep to correct the problem and we are posting an announcement on our website as well. In the meantime, we concur once again with Gill and ask that you please contact us at "rttsparky@aol.com" if you are having trouble getting through to us. "

Adrian

Hi Reef12,

I'm the creator of those tracks you are asking about. They are 1 3/4" wide with the two tracks and one connector link. Each track is just under 2" from connector end to connector end lengthwise. I gave Richard the permission a few months back to take over production of my track design but quite honestly I don't know what is going on. I've emailed him and called numerous times and still haven't heard any response or how many he has made. I've requested that he send back my master molds with no reply. This might go bad so just to let you know I am remaking my molds right now and will be back into production by the beginning of next year. If you or anyone has any questions about my tracks feel free to contact me. I am currently back ordered for the next few months while I try to get my tracks back into production.

I took several emails trying to contact the two email addresses and know nothing of them, my money or my order, I think I have cheated and fatter is that I can not claim to paypal as it has spent more than 40 days, I feel cheated by these people, my opinion if it is something to be careful with them both of my shopping experiences have been disastrous to them in the first direct forgot to send my purchase

Well Jack glad to see you back on those Tracks.

I hope it works out for you.

Strange on Richard though.

Thanks for the sizes that will make life easy indeed.

I see one pissed off dude already.

Cheers
Jeff

PS nice work on those tracks killer indeed.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the compliments. I'm working on many different track types and a duckbill connector version as well. Soon I will have working grousers too. Lots of Stuart stuff in the works. I will keep everyone updated.

Life happens I know it best but strange indeed about Richard. I'm starting to hear more and more bad experiences with him coming out of the wood work. He still owes me an RC Stuart purchased months ago. My co-producer for the movie bought 4 in October and he's only delivered 3 with no word on the 4th. Too bad I really thought he could help me with the tracks. Turns out I'm worse off than I was before now. Oh well back to tracks.

Jack

Hi PP,

If I may ask what and when did you order from Steeldragons that he did not send? I want to get a gauge as to when this started to occur. In the emails he sent me he was responding almost the very next day about me sending my track molds to him. That was in August. I know he said he's busy but the last two months the emails have become very short and he stopped responding the last month or so. I've always contacted him with the last email address but now nothing. Can't get anyone on the phone number from the website. I'm been sitting on my thumbs the last few months and well I just wanted to make some damn tracks. Those molds cost a lot of time and money to make and I'm just pissed I have to make them all over again. This is not the easiest thing to make and time is always the key factor. 4 months have gone by now. #$%#$%#$%#$%.

Jack

Jack,

I apologise, but I have to say that I for one was put-off ordering your tracks when I learned I had to go through Steel Dragons. I don't use them - just a choice on my part over the years. But, I sort of hope your tracks will always be available through you. I always have found dealing with the "source" a lot less trouble for both side.....

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays!

Jim

Hi Jim,

I appreciate your honesty. He's not allowed to sell my stuff anymore. Nobody buy my tracks from him. You can contact me directly just know that I gotta start from scratch so gimme a few months. How come nobody's put him in the cooler yet? Hell I got put in the cooler for something utterly ridiculous but you can read about that in the cooler. Richard has been taking the money and not honoring his customers. He's an actual company selling stuff from other manufacturers. He doesn't actually make anything. It shouldn't take him this long to deliver stuff that should already be in his possession. Anyone in Florida wanna drop into his shop and do some intel? Hmm. I had a friend once that would sell laptops and equipment on Ebay that he was bidding on at that very moment. Sounds crazy but he pulled it off. Now I'm starting to wonder if he wasn't the only one out there pulling that hustle.

I make my own parts and have my own "shop". I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with my very understanding wife having had one of those rooms converted into a workroom/1/6th storage closet. I have spill over at my friend's dads house about an hour away. I have a vacuum chamber and pump plus a pressure pot and compressor I A-teamed together from parts I found on Ebay. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done. I don't pretend to be fast or a company. Hair grows faster than tracks are made. I come in last behind grass growing and snail crawling. I am one guy. I just need my factory and I'm set. Oh well back to work.

Thanks to you all for reading my rant.

Jack

Hi Jack

As a one man shop myself, I can fully appreciate your comments regarding development and production time.

Keep up the excellent work! As I just posted under Mike Stannards 'code of ethics' post, when it comes to buying aftermarket, craftsman-made parts, buy direct.

Merry Christmas
Tim

It has been quite a while since I have visited the SAG but it certainly looks as though a lot has been happening. First and foremost Hans, you are out of line with regard to your supposition and comments with regard to Toyrific's recent posting. You need to speak to me directly if you have any concerns to share before dropping a potentially damaging or libelous comment on an open forum. If there is any disagreement between Toyrific and Steel Dragons, it will be handled between our two parties without your help. Enough said.

I am disappointed to say the least with regard to Jack's comments as it does not provide a complete picture of what has taken place from the time we placed our track orders with him over a year ago and the present date. Incidentally, we never received our track link sets nor the money that was paid. In truth, when I contacted Jack approximately 6-9 months ago demanding a refund for my order, it was clear that he was not in a position to complete these, or other orders nor provide any refund whatsoever. In our desire to assist this talented craftsman, we offered to help with production and get things moving forward. We felt this move would benefit everyone involved as opposed to initiating a legal collection effort. In addition, four months ago we donated parts, an M5 stuart and covered the entire shipping cost (180.00) to assist Jack and his partner in the production of a film. I have not heard one thing since the last batch of donated machined barrels were shipped. A donation of $3-400.00 in this economy certainly means something.

The molds we received were in less than ideal shape and several had to be replaced. I have personally invested over 750.00 in casting materials to try to accommodate Jack's original project but we have discovered that the amount of time and effort to produce one set is simply not economically feasible. The first complete set arrived last week after two casters have attempted to complete this project. One became seriously ill and we have reason to believe due to handling the aluminum powder used in the casting process. The quality of the casting is not up to our standards (air bubbles etc) and we are terminating the project immediately. The molds are being shipped back to you along with a request for a refund from our original order. I hope that some of the individuals who had placed orders with Jack will read this thread and have a better understanding of what has taken place since last fall. We are a customer like anyone else with Jack's unconditional permission to sell these parts. We stepped in in an effort to help and I must say I regret having made this decision. If he is willing to take on this project again and do so on a timely basis we are anxious to accommodate his request.

On a separate note, I understand that some members of the forum have been trying to reach me. We continue to have problems with one of our email addresses but you can reach me at 'Rttsparky@aol.com". We have posted this notice on our site for the last few months. Many of you all do not realize that I have a full time job that I am trying desperately to hold onto whereby filling orders, performing customer service etc is done at 4 in the morning or late at night. Like a number of our fellow suppliers, the economy has hit everyone hard and several have failed or have stopped shipping us product. Within the last 12 mos. we have even loaned money (over 12,500.00) to several of these entities with the hope of keeping them solvent. Some of these individuals are members of this forum or are well known in the hobby/industry. We started this business to support the hobby and to keep it moving forward. We are scaling back our product line, discontinuing a few, and focusing more on our core product line which is the Battle Ready Armor series. We have been working on several interesting projects that will be introduced in a week or two.

I deeply regret that some of our members continue to have trouble reaching us and I must admit that this remains an area where we need the most improvement. We have always paid our suppliers promptly and often compensate our customers for orders that were late in getting filled. We will not participate in back stabbing or bad mouthing fellow tankers on this or any forum and would ask that you contact me directly if you have any concerns.

Thank you.

Richard,

First of all, every email I sent was to your Rttsparky@aol.com. I sent you an email saying I've received the barrels and tank and wanted to know when the last one was coming. Donations aside, 4 tanks was the total and we only received 3 and the barrels. I even asked you about the tracks. No reply Richard means I sent you more emails asking the same thing. I've been sending you multiple emails to this address for months now asking about the tracks and even though you check your emails late at night this doesn't mean you don't see them or can't reply to them. When you started receiving my emails directly asking how the tracks were coming along and how many you've sold or gotten orders on you never answered my questions. The ONLY reason I agreed was because you said you had a casting guy that only did castings who was very fast and wanted to give me royalties for each set you sold. I asked if you could take care of my outstanding orders and you said we'd work something out. When I asked repeatedly when you could fill the orders and how the production was coming along, at first things were great. You were going to get the first batch next week. That was months ago. Then you said you couldn't fill my orders because of the economy. I get it. The economy sucks. I couldn't get any tracks made because I was working full time like yourself. I had to take the work when I could get it and it killed my track production. I couldn't pay you back for the two sets of tracks you ordered immediately so we came up with this exchange of you making the tracks taking most of the profit while I get a percentage of royalties. I was fine with that so long as tracks were getting made. Months went by Richard. So then I asked what about my royalties and how many have you sold and what do you want to do about my outstanding orders? That's when I stopped receiving emails from you. That's when I went on SAG and found this thread which I found unsettling since it started from your lack of reply to information about my tracks. This was just in the last couple of weeks. I've been waiting for months to hear anything from you. I gave you plenty of time to tell me in an email or phone call that it wasn't going to work but I've heard nothing from you. I've sent you plenty of emails. I could have been done making all my outstanding orders by now. Send me back my molds and take my pictures off your site. I will restart my track production and make your two sets after I'm done settling my outstanding orders. You are no longer authorized to make or reproduce any of my track parts. If you would only answer your emails and take care of business none of this would have happened.

Jack

Jack,

I am going to ask the moderators to step in here because this thread is not going to help resolve this matter amicably.

Jack,I did check your emails and you did not provide or ask these questions. We have not sold one track link set other than the original order that we placed with you one year ago which we have not received nor have been given a refund. You are opportunistically overlooking some key points here. I did not agree with your proposal to underwrite all of your outstanding orders which were unfilled and you had already accepted money for. It made no financial sense for me to underwrite production for these ten backorders (I believe you had said there were ten) without any compensation for the cost of producing them. You were simply dropping this in my lap. We offered to help because you could not fill the orders. Period. I am sending ALL of the molds including the ones we made in order to expedite production and replace any damaged ones. I am also sending you the only track link set that has been produced.

Secondly, you only paid for two tanks. I sent three along with paying for the freight and donating aluminum barrels. The third and fourth was a donation but when I did not hear from you or Errol thanking me for the tank/parts etc. I decided not to donate the fourth. Please do not dismiss this gesture or donation as it came out of my pocket and after the first check payment for the two tanks bounced.

I have sent you two emails. Please answer them and lets resolve this in a civil manner.

Richard,

I did answer your emails. If you want I can pull up every single email I sent you from September till now directly asking you every time when and how you wanted to proceed with track production, when you could have them made, and each tank we received. You haven't replied to a single email since October so don't act all surprised and offended that this happen Richard. I sent you emails every time saying we received the tank and when the next ones were coming. Funny that check bounced because it got withdrawn from Errol's bank account. You just sent me an email asking me to double check if I got the last tank but now you say you didn't send it because you didn't get a "thank you" saying I got the tank which I did send you. So which one is it?

Yes I owed you two sets of tracks. I had 10 outstanding orders on my own. Each payment I received from my customers went to procuring the materials and equipment to make and design the tracks. The 10 customers are my initial investors into this project and I let every one of them know ahead of time that this was going to take a long time. As you see this is not a cheap deal. You agreed to the production because you were taking all the profit on each track sale and only going to give me a small percentage per set sold. The profit for you was gigantic that's why you agreed. I owed you $400 dollars for two sets and you were going to make thousands by taking over my production and you knew it.

I guess Reese will be locking this one when he sees it.

Okay one thing to remember is that most people would not wait 6 months for something especially after they paid $200.00 to $250.00 for something.

The economy is the pits right now ,jobs gone and more going that way.

Best if both of you could come to a decision to both make the tracks until caught up so only half the load.

But I think better if you two also took it personally and did it through emails as to who is right or who is wrong.

I hope for a good outcome either way as I want a set next year myself.

It is a great product I want it for the look not intention of R/C so to me if a tad weak no big deal just include a few extra pins or maybe can use drill rod which is dirt cheap.

Hope it works out for the Best.

I never knew Richard was Foo fighter, a good builder there.

Especially all that sci-fi stuff.

Cheers
Jeff

Thanks Jeff for a voice of reason. I think Jack and I are pointed in the right direction regarding how this is going to be resolved. He is a talented craftsman who got into a jam not unlike many of us.

We know we have to do a better job on the communication front (regardless of tech issues) but we did step in at personal expense and risk to help out. I wish the outcome had been better.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back