• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Somebody help finding drafts I have started

If the saved draft was a new topic / thread then it should load automatically when you go into the discussion area where you started the thread and click the "Post thread" button located at the right of the screen.

If the saved draft was a reply to a topic then it should load automatically when you enter the topic.

There aren't that many discussion areas so it shouldn't take long to find if it is a new thread you were starting. You can use the Practice Range area to test posting.
Hope that helps.

HI VAN,
I TRIED TO STARTING A THREAD TO POST SOME OF MY FIGURES AND MY COMPUTER GOT REALLY SLUGGISH AND WHAT I WAS WORKING ON WOULDN'T POST. I WILL TRY AGAIN LATER. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN BUT AS I TOLD FELLOW SAG MEMBER WAR BIRD EARLIER TODAY, I AM NOT TECH SAVVY. I AM ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO YOU BECAUSE I'M SIGNED IN. BUT WHEN I GO TO THE SAG MAIN PAGE IT SHOWS THAT I AM NOT LOGGED IN I MEAN, I AM LOOKING AT THE PAGE WRITING THIS MESSAGING YOU AND IT SAYS I'M LOGGED IN AND RIGHT NEXT TO THIS PAGE IS THE SAG MAIN PAGE SHOWING THAT I'M LOGGED OUT.
AM I MAKING ANY SENSE AT ALL?

Hmm... let's start at the beginning.
1. What type of device are you using to interact with SAG? A Windows PC, a MAC, an iPAd, a tablet, a phone, something else?
2. If a Windows PC then which browser? Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera?

When you say
I AM LOOKING AT THE PAGE WRITING THIS MESSAGING YOU AND IT SAYS I'M LOGGED IN AND RIGHT NEXT TO THIS PAGE IS THE SAG MAIN PAGE SHOWING THAT I'M LOGGED OUT.
How are you able to have two pages up at one time. Are you using two web browsers split on one screen? Dual Monitors? A little help here please.
If it is two browsers, are they the same browser (both Chrome for example)

And of course, the million dollar question IT loves to use, Have you rebooted your machine? :)

Back