• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Udem

Johnny Canuck

Battalion Commander
4. DIORAMA BY A GROUP OR CLUB.

Udem

As Operation Veritable entered it's second week the C-in-C West von Rundstedt had surmised correctly that the attack
on the Reichwald was the start of a general offensive. The First Canadian Army was attacking towards Wesel from the north,
while the US Ninth Army was held up by the swollen Roer River. Once the Roer receeded, in another weeks time the
Americans would blitz the remaining German forces south of Wesel.
The Germans shifted forces to the north and brought in reserves, notably Pz Lehr which was under strength after the
Ardennes, but would still fight ferociously.
General Schlemm had four corps to stop the Allies from reaching Wesel. The 2nd Parachute Corps was in the Weese-Udem
sector. Von Luttwitz with the 47th Panzer Corps was defending the Calcar area with the 6th Parachute Division it's 17th and
18th Parachute Regiments were at full strength. The 2nd Parachute Division's 7th Parachute Regiment held Udem. The
7th Parachute Division and other misc forces were south of the Udem sector.
Schlemm would use the same tactics he perfected in Normandy, weak outposts and strong reserves nearby to counter-
attack any Allied thrusts.

The full weight of the Allied attack has fallen on Udem. The attack came at 21:00 and continued throughout the night
illuminated by searchlights and burning farmhouses. By 04:00 the furious fight for Udem was almost over, the 7th Para
Regiment held out in the south-west corner of Udem until evicted by the Highland Light Infantry supported by tanks of the
Fort Garry Horse.

CSD104ce.jpg

CSD089ce.jpg

CSD066ce.jpg

CSD082ce.jpg

CSD042ce.jpg

CSD004ce.jpg

CSD012ce.jpg

CSD025ce.jpg

CSD099ce.jpg

"ACHTUNG PANZER!
CSD034ce.jpg

Thanks from
Ottawa One Sixth Club
JC, Phantom, GS, BullOttawa, Pvt Snafu and anyone I failed to mention.

Excellent Geoff and others looks fantastic. You guy really know how to set a realistic layout. And the figures make it come alive.

Geoff, that is one of the best Dios I have ever seen. The work that you and your group put into them is, what can I say fantastic. Sure wish I had a group of guys like you have. I build, you make it happen.
GB

Tank Mechanic";p="131346 said:
That much stuff done to that level of detail.How many people involved?Great teamwork.

First Thank You all for your support and comments from OOSC in Ottawa.

Three people were involved setting up figures on a Sunday afternoon. The street and buildings were already in place. I had puttered
around for about a week changing the buildings around from the earlier setup.
Phantom4, Generel Specific and I took about 50 or 60 photos late Sunday afternoon of what we had set up. Phantom4 had to go,
so GS and I took a look at the resulting shots. They were not bad, but it's funny, you see things in a photo you don't see when you're
there in person. We chatted about making a few changes and GS headed out. Monday I made most of the changes we had discussed,
I finished up on Tuesday afterwork and then reshot the dio. The changes worked out pretty well I think.
Here's a couple of shots from the first round. You can be the judge. Bare in mind they are pretty much unedited and aren't as refined
as the final shots that were used.
Can you spot the changes, cause I can't see any changes???

DSCF0016-1.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0012a.jpg

DSCF0020a.jpg

Amazing dio guys, Geoff, did you guys shoot this indoors??? Man you have the coolest play/dio area, and, the figures and vehicles as always are ubber cool. Great stuff guys :!: :!: :!:

Back