• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

What's Going on Guys?

Germanbilly1

Brigade Commander
What's Up?
We have a great contest and I do not see a thing! Mike has offered to give out some great prizes and no one has come forward to show what they have made? Are we waiting for the last second so no one knows what they are up aginst? Come on guys show use some of the great work we have seen over the years.
GB

I agree with GB.I was a little reluctant to post the first entry,but the ice is broken.Let's see the competition.Although if no one else enters,I am sure of at least second place.LOL.

I have been wondering the same thing...

I will be entering my staghound, but that will probably be during the last few days of the contest since there is still so much to do on it. I wonder if anybody else is doing the same.

Ben

Hi guys

I thought there would be a lot more as well by now. Maybe the Christmas break will be the big push like it is for me.

Hope to have my completed Normandy Panther Ausf G to enter. I'll have it posted mid January(with any luck). I'm finishing up the cupola interior detailing and some other small things.

Merry Christmas to all
Tim

I was hoping to have my Marder done, but do to being out of work and desperately trying to get any job I have just not had the motivation for working on the hobby. I'm hoping to get back into it in the new year. I have several friends in the same situation and one friend who might have to let 50 people go from his shop. I haven't even made it to any of the meetings for the armor club I belong to. I just hope it turns for the better in 09. But other than that I just want to say Happy Holidays to everyone.
God bless!
Ken

Unfortunately, my staghound project has run into multiple problems and won't be ready to be entered by the end of this month. Hopefully if Mike does this again next year I will be able to enter it.

Best of luck to everybody who has and will enter!

Ben
P.S. I might be doing a dio.

Was just thinking about this................

Two common denominators vehicles and dio's

Alot of members models figure sculptures, they're out

Alot of members have lots of figures but no vehicles, they on the sidelines.

Vehicles and dio's although great fun are probably the two smallest parts of our part of the hobby.

Dammit this is elitist, it's probably a Baddy plot to seize control of the forum and use it for evil Baddy purposes. Hmmmmmmm better call the Canucks..................

JC

PS I'll be back with a brigade of the Canucks and we'll fix this up ASAP!

Johnny Canuck";p="131406 said:
Was just thinking about this................

Two common denominators vehicles and dio's

It is a "6th Scale Icons Contest"
Mike is the very generous sponsor and the prizes tend to be most useful to members who model vehicles.

Back