• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

White M43 Cap Cover

johkaz

Company Commander
Hi,

I have recently had some excellent help from a fellow modeller - Heeresbergführer, regarding my making of a long sought after item. Which is a White cloth cover for a Gebirgsjager cap, and with his help and a little trial and error on my part, i have finally found the equivalent of a Holy Grail for my figures.

I have a page on my website about how i did this with Patrick's help - Here

ski126.jpg

Gary

Last edited:
Gary....This is KILLER!!!
Great tutorial, pics, and post!
Thank you VERY much for shareing this. VERY Much!...
...now, you mind if I "steal" the idea, and make a few?... ;)

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies, and i am glad that the page can be of use.
Please feel free to use the idea, as i am interested in how my fellow modellers would get on with it.

Gary

Grüß Di' Bergkamerad Gary,

Outstanding work as usual!!!! Love the technique of adding the plastic to stiffen up the Bergmütze for the white camo cover.

Bergheil und drei mal Horrido!

Patrick

HochGebJag_08.jpg

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies.

Outstanding work as usual!!!! Love the technique of adding the plastic to stiffen up the Bergmütze for the white camo cover.

I had to use the plastic strips to stiffen the cloth cap, because i did not have a plastic one here to try your original idea with. And i have found that the close weave on the stretchy cotton gloves, very closely represents the knitted look of the cover at this scale.

Always a great tutorial in your pages.
Thanks Gary, and Patrick's too

As for the tutorial pages, i have to thank my fellow modellers for their original ideas for me try with my figures. Which allows me to pass on excellent tips like this cover.

Gary

Back