• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. RogueJK

Interesting photos of a custom prototype M1 Carbine bayonet

I was digging around online today, and came across some photos that I found interesting. I figured I'd share. The M1 Carbine was adopted in October 1941, and was first issued in mid-1942 to units in the European Theater. The first combat users of the M1 Carbine were some of the men...
  2. RogueJK

No. 5 Mk. 1 Enfield "Jungle Carbine"

In researching the No. 5 Enfield carbine over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed there's quite a bit of misinformation out there, including some old threads on this very forum. So here's my attempt to clear up some of the misconceptions. The No. 5 Mk. 1 Enfield was designed in...
  3. RogueJK

"WW2 photos hidden in a trunk for 71 years"

Okay, so the website's title is not quite accurate, because I've seen the majority of them before. But the photos are still interesting. (Not to mention that it's impossible that one single WW2 vet would have snapped all of these photos of British, Japanese, Italian, German, USGI, USN, and...
  4. RogueJK

"The German" - An Interesting WW2/Battle of Britain short film

The German Loved the ending. And it was very well done overall, especially considering they probably had a small budget.
  5. RogueJK

Gebirgsjäger-Kompanie 190?

90. Panzergrenadier Division's Gebirgsjäger-Kompanie 190 I've been doing some research into the 90th Panzergrenadier Division, in the hopes of expanding my selection of Italian Front figures. After being created in mid-1943, this division fought in most of the major engagements on the Italian...
  6. RogueJK

Werner Bloch's shortened Luftwaffe smock

The cut down Luftwaffe Field Division smock that came with DML's 'Werner Bloch' is supposedly based on an actual wartime item shown in Werner Palinckx's "Camouflage Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht". Unfortunately, I do not have access to that book. (I'm hoping to rectify that, if I can find a...
  7. RogueJK

New 1:6 7.5 cm leichtes Infanteriegeschütz 18 from Black Box

New 1:6 German le.IG.18 artillery piece coming soon from Black Box Toys! http://blackboxtoys.net/BBT8006IG18.html Details are limited, but it appears to be all metal. Wonder if it will come with any ammunition?
  8. RogueJK

Gebirgsjager 2cm leichte Flak guns

My questions have to do with the 2cm light anti-aircraft guns used by Gebirgsjagers, both Heer and Waffen-SS. Some Heer Gebirgsjagers, especially at the beginning of the war, seem to operate with attached Luftwaffe Flak units (as with many Heer formations). But Heer Gebirgs-Divisions were also...
  9. RogueJK

WW2... The Simple Version (Large Picture - 56k Beware!)

WW2 as seen through the eyes of a teenage American cartoonist. Pretty clever.
  10. RogueJK

DiD 'Tim Becker' shirt question

I'm trying to locate some light grey, full button down shirts with front pockets and shoulder straps. So far, the only two that I have found that fit the bill are from DiD's 'Peter Greim' and 'Tim Becker'. (Note that Tim comes with both a black and a grey undershirt. Also note that I'm...
  11. RogueJK

M1 helmet decal removal tips?

I just received a pile of items in a trade, including several of DiD's M1 helmets from 'Charles Winstone'. I love DiD's helmets, but these in particular have the US 29th Infantry Division insignia on the front. Has anyone had any luck removing this decal before? Got any tips? Or will I just...
  12. RogueJK

M2 ammunition bag/vest questions?

I see that BBi produced one of these in 1/6 for their 60mm mortarman 'Red Parker'. However, I know very little about these items. I was hoping to get some insight from someone with a little more knowledge of the subject. I tried to locate some info online, but details were quite sparse. I've...
  13. RogueJK

Technician 4th Grade helmet insignia ?

Since a WW2 US Army soldier with the rank of Technician 4th Grade (T/4) was effectively equivalent to a Sergeant, but did not officially have the authority to issue commands in most cases, would they have displayed an NCO bar on the back of their helmet? Thanks in advance for any replies.
  14. RogueJK

New DML Vietnam carded set - Mike Force vs. Viet Cong Scout

Looks like DML is rereleasing two of their early Vietnam figures as one carded set. Due out in July. The Viet Cong Scout stuff is from the old 'Linh' set. I'm glad they attached a warning that the uniform is made for a female body, since it will not fit a male nude...
  15. RogueJK

Sonderverband 288 Gebirgsjager patches

I'm currently starting to work on converting one of my Gebirgsjagers to a Gebirgsjager from the 2. Kompanie of Sonderverband 288 in North Africa. My question is this: While I have yet to see it depicted in photos, did the 2. Kompanie Gebirgsjagers ever wear the z.b.V. 288 palm tree arm patch...
  16. RogueJK

Two recently finished Gebirgsjagers *Pic Heavy*

I'm a big fan of mountain troops, and I'm currently working on several Gebirgsjager, Jager, Skijager, and Italian Alpini figures. I thought I would share some pictures of two that I recently assembled. They're not complete, since I still need to finish weathering them with some pastel chalks...
  17. RogueJK

GJ peaked cap edelweiss badge ?s

Patrick (or anyone else in the know) - I'd like to pick your brain on the topic of the Gebirgsjäger officer edelweiss cap badge for a minute... It seems that Gebirgsjäger officers were authorized to wear a metal badge of a stemless edelweiss flower between the eagle and cockade on their...
  18. RogueJK

RogueJK

Hi guys! My name's Jeremy, and I live in Northwest Arkansas. I've only been involved with 1:6 figures for about 6 months now, but I've had a lifelong obsession with history in general, and WW2 specifically. I look forward to joining you guys to check out the amazing work done by some of my...
Back