Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > Armor, Mech and Weapons Division

Armor, Mech and Weapons Division Showcase of 1:6 Armor, Vehicles and Weapons Projects

Old 10-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #21
loic
Machine Gunner

Re: 1:6 nashorn 88 mm self-propelled guns

Let's be cautious Jeff. The fact that the Chinese customer made a Solidworks drawing of the body, does not take away the fact that he had the FOA laser cut parts in his hand to copy from.

The copyrights of the drawings are still the property of FOA. Steve at Panzerwerks has always be very vocal about copying in this industry, and customers need to realize that it does not help the hobby to suppress the hard work and investments of the established companies to gain a few dollars

But the Chinese customers paid for his FOA kit, and is totally justified to modify it, upgrade it, and change it - especially for such outstanding outcome

My 2 cents

Loic
Old 10-22-2017, 12:41 PM   #22
SSPeiper
Mortarman

Send a message via Yahoo to SSPeiper Send a message via Skype™ to SSPeiper

Love it! It has life! A beast of a weapon and you should be well pleased.
Thanks for sharing.

Allan
SSPeiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #23
azazel526
Rifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loic View Post
Let's be cautious Jeff. The fact that the Chinese customer made a Solidworks drawing of the body, does not take away the fact that he had the FOA laser cut parts in his hand to copy from.

The copyrights of the drawings are still the property of FOA. Steve at Panzerwerks has always be very vocal about copying in this industry, and customers need to realize that it does not help the hobby to suppress the hard work and investments of the established companies to gain a few dollars

But the Chinese customers paid for his FOA kit, and is totally justified to modify it, upgrade it, and change it - especially for such outstanding outcome

My 2 cents

Loic

You don't have to worry about, I built nashorn just personal hobby, my main business is not a model, I am a cartoonist, I didn't ability to also have no ambition and your competition in the field of the model, so the design drawings is just my private ownership, it will not be used for mass production, I will not copy FOA parts used for any commercial purposes, the most, maybe later I will use the vehicle body design to build a Hummel howitzer, but it must be after many years.Since your parts have been improved, I will order some parts then
azazel526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #24
azazel526
Rifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzinc View Post
An outstanding build. Fantastic final result with beautiful camo and weathering.
On a minor note, there were no Nashorns used by the SS. All were used by heavy anti tank units of the Heer and used as fire units to help problematic areas, particularly of the Eastern Front.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful miniature!
I lacked the tanksmen of the bundeswehr and could only be replaced by the ss
azazel526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #25
loic
Machine Gunner

Azazel526, I'm not surprised you are a cartoonist! Your attention to detail can be noticed in your builds

I'm a big fan of Romain Hugault and his incredible talent in the Aviation cartoons

Would love to see your cartoon work!
Old 10-30-2017, 12:43 AM   #26
Reef12
Battalion Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by loic View Post

My 2 cents

Loic

Well I thought it was his idea, yep can't copy yours a no no there.
But still a great build.

Cheers
Jeff
Reef12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #27
battlezone
Battalion Commander

The Nashorn is an awesome vehicle, and to see one done so well in 1/6 scale is great!
battlezone is offline   Reply With Quote