• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Lord B

Field kitchen II

Hi! some years ago I posted some pics of my field kitchen trying to find someone that could provide me with plates with german text to add to it. Here comes a second attempt! Jordi
  2. Lord B

WW1 dugout

Hi! This is my first post in the rebuilt site. It looks fabulous. Congratulations to those who made it possible! I would like to share with you a few pics of a small diorama I built with DiD's WW1 british officer. Ihope you like it! Best, Jordi
  3. Lord B

Merry X-Mas

Merry X-Mas from a Sepals base in Sweden! Jordi
  4. Lord B

Field kitchen

Hi! Here come some pics of the last project. I hope you like them! I would appreciate if someone could provide me with information regarding the three plates at the back of the kitchen with german text. I have not been able to find good enough information to reproduce them, and I think they...
  5. Lord B

Going to war in style

Hi! I have the pleasure to share with you a project that has kept me quite busy for the last two years. I hope you like it, and thanks for viewing it. Best, Jordi
  6. Lord B

Humber Mk II Scout Car

Hi! I finally have something to show regarding my Humber project. I have taken the pictures a bit in a hurry and look a bit bleak and not too well cropped. Still, I hope you enjoy them. Jordi
  7. Lord B

Penguin books for the troops

Hi all! I spent some time last weekend putting together some 1930's Penguin pocket books at 1/6 scale. I thought they could make a funny complement in any diorama displaying british troops at rest. So far they have blank pages but I am thinking on an edition with text :). Thanks for taking a...
  8. Lord B

A wireless set 11 on my jeep

Hi all, I finally managed to upload some pics of the wireless set 11 I recently added to one of my jeeps. Here is a close-up of the morse key: And here is a pic of the practicable glove compartment. It has nothing to do with the wireless set but I thouhgt I'd take a pic...
  9. Lord B

Edelweiss on a Kriegsmarine sidecap

Hi ! I am reading a book about the swedish involvement in WWII and there is a picture which I found very peculiar. It shows members of the Kriegsmarine wearing an edelweiss on the left side of their sidecaps. The caption says that those sailors are on their way from Narvik to Trelleborg...
  10. Lord B

My other DML jeep kit

Hi again ! here comes the second one. A bit more heterodox, and with one or two artistic licenses ;) Jordi
  11. Lord B

My DML jeep kit

Hi ! I've been working in two DML jeep kits for some time now, and I think I can post some pics now of the finished product. They are inspired by the british 30 AU RN/RM commando. Jordi
  12. Lord B

Pics from the basement

Hi ! I built a small diorama some time ago depicting a map room in a basement. The only light comes from three small bulbs, two from the ceiling and one from the desk lamp, and it was not until today that I managed to get a camera that would give me a chance to capture the atmosphere. I think I...
  13. Lord B

DML jeep kit at Dragon USA "4X4 Truck"

Hi all, According to Dragon USA's website DML will be releasing the jeep as a kit in April. No price specified. I never thought I'd see the day... :D Jordi
  14. Lord B

Generator

Hi all ! I just finished a small accesory to add to my collection, namely a hand-cranked generator to provide power to a wireless set I built some time ago. It's totally inspired on an illustration I found in a recent Osprey release about the OSS. The starting material is the DML bike...
  15. Lord B

Scratchbuilding a Humber Scout Car

Hi ! I would like to show you a few pics of the Humber I am building. I have been able to get this far with the information I have found in magazines and the internet, plus a 1/35 kit from Bronco, but I have some very black holes when it comes to details of the undercarriage. I know there are...
  16. Lord B

DX '09...on line.

The title of the thread says it all, really. I just visited DML's website, and it seems like this year's DX is going to be on line. Stay tuned... Jordi
  17. Lord B

36' pattern flying boots

Hi ! I'm wasn't too happy with DML RAF pilot's flying boots, so I gave a try to modifying some otherwise excellent german officer boots from NLM into 36' pattern british flying boots. I wish NLM would start offering RAF/USAAF flying boots. Otherwise I'm going to run out of white socks to do...
  18. Lord B

RN officer, beach party

This is a very old figure of mine. Actually, it's my oldest, and the concept precedes the first commercially available brit, hence the abundance of scratch built items, although a lot the of original stuff has been gradually replaced. I recently had the privilege to upgrade it with a RN officer...
  19. Lord B

Back to the camo pixie suit

Hi all, During my vacation I've had the chance to take a look at "British Army uniforms & insignia of World War two" by Brian L Davies (second edition, 1992, published by Arms and Armour Press). On the chapter devoted to tank suits, the author lists five types: -The pre-war black two-piece...
  20. Lord B

Cockle MK II

Hi again ! Now that I know how to post pics, I'm feeling a bit trigger happy ! I have been searching some pics in some of my old files for a friend who asked me some information on an old project I posted years ago in another forum. I would like to share some of those pics with you, since...
Back