• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. pzrwest

Hasty-P Vetern Passes Away

Ivan Gunter, M.M. (WW2 Decorated Veteran and member of the Hastings Prince Edward Regiment), beloved husband of the late Irene, loving father of Geoff & Diane of Delburne, Alta., Lynne & Garry Ackerman of Stouffville and Steve & Debbie Gunter of Bancroft, loving grandfather of Caroline, Daniel...
  2. pzrwest

Ice Fishing

Ice Fishing Here is a link to a cool ice fishing video.... Bass verses Pike.... frozen in time... LOL https://ca.yahoo.com/news/video-cutt...193915883.html
  3. pzrwest

How was insignia attached to US helmets?

Just curious as to how the senior officers insignia were added to their helmets. Were they glued on or holes drilled through the steel shell and insignia attached? Referring to the real life not scale helmets
  4. pzrwest

Early Christmas Present

My wife yesterday bought me an early Christmas gift.... It was a Walther P38 BB pistol by UMAREXUSA. Here is a picture from their website of the pistol(saved me getting out the camera). Not normally into BB pistols but the store On Target Airsoft told me that they can't get the airsoft version...
  5. pzrwest

Newest Addition

Well another addition to my airsoft collection, a Broomhandle Mauser. I watched a review on the gun and know what he means on a heavy gun, and the extra strain on the upper forarm muscles. But that aside an all around nice piece. I did a test firing the gun without bb's both single shot and full...
  6. pzrwest

My 4th New Airsoft Toy

The Chief Cook & Bottle Washer said ok to another new airsoft toy.... the Thompson Sub Machinegun. It is an M1A1 Thompson with the long stick mag, but My friend Jack is willing to swap me the short stick mag used on the M1 Thompsons. Personally I like the short mag over the long mag. The only...
  7. pzrwest

15 years Ago Today Sept. the 10th

15 years ago today my good friend and U-boat vet and I almost lost our lives because of a boating accident. We had wend to the moth of the Naiscoot(sp) river where it connects to Georgian Bay. We had set up a small camp on one of the small islands. Around noon it started to rain so we packed up...
  8. pzrwest

Hobnails Vs No Hobnails

In all of the pictures I've seen of American soldiers I have seen none of them had hobnailed boots. Why didn't the US troops have hobnailed boots, where British and other Commonwealth troops wore hobnailed boots
  9. pzrwest

Cool 1/6th Vids

Here is a link to some cool 1/6th videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voSvm1ip25Q
  10. pzrwest

Another New Playtoy

Here are a couple pictures of the better half holding my newest airsoft gun.... a 1-1 scale Stg44 all metal and wooden stock I just bought from Mike at OnTargetAirsoft, in Bancroft. He gave me a super deal on it
  11. pzrwest

Cool Electric Train

Saw this early today and was amazed and was expecting to see a regular electric train set, but instead saw this... and thought it was very cool... http://www.msn.com/en-ca/foodanddrink/videos/world%e2%80%99s-easiest-diy-electric-train/vi-AAgRHFn?refvid=BBsi09N&ocid=mailsignout
  12. pzrwest

My New Play Toy

Airsoft comes to Bancroft.... Here are pics of my new play toy, an all metal full size MkII Sten and only one mode of firing full auto. They say it can pierce a pop can at 50 ft. Here are pics of the gun
  13. pzrwest

P-38 Lightning Glacier Girl

A P38 Lightning named Glacier Girl recovered from an icy grave on Greenland and restored to flying condition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNEmGaAplgI
  14. pzrwest

Banner Picture

The banner picture this morning of the German FJ by Dougmo could easily be mistaken for a picture of a real person
  15. pzrwest

Chainmail Coif

My son was working on a chainmail Coif for me in 1-1 scale but his son's birthday was coming up so he gave the one for me to him for his birthday and started another chainmail coif for me. Here is the one he made for Logan. I sit here watching him make chainmail and amazed at his work and how...
  16. pzrwest

$349.00 3D Printer

Saw this this morning and wondered if it could be used in our 1/6th hobby https://printm3d.com/themicro/?gclid=CjwKEAiA9c-2BRC_vaaJ0Ybps30SJABlqxDeHR5-YOSoYxIdQQoNAVGfJnRif69C62dJI4l3zbs2EhoCUO_w_wcB
  17. pzrwest

Free State Of Jones Trailer

Saw this trailer on the Civil War Facebook. A lot of nice CW uniforms etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EMkxEKKSQI#t=12
  18. pzrwest

Merry Christmas

Fröhliche Weihnachten
  19. pzrwest

No Snow Yet!!!

Well no snow yet up here north of the border in Ontario Canada we have no snow yet, looks like Santa will have to dig out his old 4 wheel drive Jeep to make his toy run..... I know my Mohawk ancestors had a rain dance but I wonder did they also have a snow dance..... LOL
  20. pzrwest

M5 to M3 Conversion

I started working again on Cory's Stuart conversion yesterday. I made a pair of breather filters then realized that I had used pictures of ones on a model and not of the real Stuart so will have to remake them in the correct version. I hope to have the new ones fixed tomorrow and will post the...
Back