• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

15 years Ago Today Sept. the 10th

pzrwest

Brigade Commander
15 years ago today my good friend and U-boat vet and I almost lost our lives because of a boating accident. We had wend to the moth of the Naiscoot(sp) river where it connects to Georgian Bay. We had set up a small camp on one of the small islands. Around noon it started to rain so we packed up the boat and started to head back to the boat landing where we launched the boat. A wave came over the side of the boat causing the boat to sink. Luckely some people from the next small island recued us and put us up for the night with warm showers and dry clothes, and gave us a nice warm supper. Edgar said the last time he was in the water like this was back in Nov 1944 when he got washed of the U-boat. Next morning the 11th we headed home and stopped for breakfast in Perry Sound and while eating our breakfast they had the tv on and we saw in real time the planes crashing into the World Trade Canter. Edgar said since we had survived the accident meant were started our lives from the boating accident. So today Edgar and I are 15 years old today

Happy Birthday then, young man ;)
My son is also 15 years old today, having been born 6 weeks premature by emergency C-section on September 10 2001 - I was in a hazy sleep deprived state when I got home from the hospital on the 11th and at first could not follow the "movie" that was on TV. I guess becoming a father meant my life also started anew then.

15 years ago today my family went to my little guy's graduation ceremonies. My Son graduated from the NYFD Academy. The Mayor (Giuliani) gave him his diploma. A great time, even including a battle royal during the ceremony when they skipped my Son's name. We were following the program and realized a mistake had been made. Talk about fury, from one Italian momma accompanied by one Irish momma (the Mother of my Son's long-term GF). They stormed the stage and demanded the mistake be corrected before the ceremonies were ended. They resolved the problem. My Son received his orders which was to report the following day (9/11) to Firehouse #6 in Chinatown at 4PM shift. Firehouse #6 was the house crew buried in a stairwell while carrying a very large woman down 40 flights. They were buried but all survived.

My Son and I were having breakfast watching TV in our kitchen, when the planes hit. My Son went nuts trying to contact someone as where to go. He ended the day with a off duty Captain at a local hospital, there to record the names of the injured. No injured came. 15 years later he is a Captain in command of his own Firehouse on Staten Island, married to his longtime GF with 2 little girls (19 months and 1 month). Life is good.

TTT

Back