• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. L

Looking for a Text/Photo Reference For GJ Units EF '42-43

Hi Hbf, Just wondering if there is a decent reference out there for GJ units operating on EF in '42-'43? I'm looking for something that would be useful in putting a together 2-3 representative figures. I'm hoping you'll be able to point me at a worthy and available title or two. TIA
  2. L

Have you made your own Leutnant boards from DML NP boards?

If so, I was wondering what size "string" should be used on a Lt or Untersturmfuhrer board. :)
  3. L

[url]www.jagdtiger.de[/url] - Another Interesting Armor Site

www.jagdtiger.de - Another Interesting Armor Site www.jagdtiger.de
  4. L

Weapons Repaints-DML and TT Berettas

Stock versions in the middle for comparison. TT on top andDML on the bottom.
  5. L

TT Andrea HS Repaint (Oops)

My continuing HS Repaint Series. Once I again I expertly demonstrate how not to re-paint eyes. Oh well. If someone wouldn't mind posting a factory paint job for comparison, as usual I forgot to take a 'before' shot. TIA.
  6. L

Painting Panzerwerk's House Dio?

For those who picked one of these excellent pieces from Steve and have painted it I'm curious how you got started on the piece paint-wise. Did you base coat the vertical piece with terra cotta on the brick sections and work up washing a dry brushing various colors from there? What color...
  7. L

Large Pouch From TT Folgore Figure?

Does anyone know what this pouch was supposed to be used for in RL? It seems very large and awkward to me. However I have no knowledge of Italian gear and could not say if the piece was accurate or not. Just looking for some feedback from others who have this figure or anyone who may have...
  8. L

Denatured Alcohol. Uses in our hobby?

Wondering what DA is used for and if it is something I should have on hand. TIA
  9. L

U.S. WWII Uniform and Equipment Reference Site

Happened upon this site today. Looks useful. MilitaryItems.com
  10. L

What color is "Buff"?

Reading Sixty's website today I came across this in the section on reworking Alfred: . Then I occurred to me that I've got no clue what "buff" is. :sad: But once applied it sure looks sweet. Would someone mind explaining this to me? TIA. Edit:BTW, I've have to say IMHO, Sixty's figures...
  11. L

Lightning Sword

I guess I should get around to dropping a post in this forum. Better late than never. :shock: The name's David, born in '63, hailing from California. I can't seem to remember if I started collecting in either '01 or '02. Whenever Marcus the HJ MGer was released. '02 I think. I used to...
  12. L

1/6th US Jeeps-Where to buy?

Are 1/6th scale US jeeps still readily available? There have been some nice Jeep detialing projects lately and I'm getting an itch. I'm wondering, if Jeeps can still be found, what manufacturer should I look for and where would I begin looking? Online, brick and mortar? TIA, for any advice...
  13. L

Tuchrock vs. Waffenrock

You know I've got the reference books and was going over them last night, but I could not figure out the difference betweent the above referenced tunics. I gather the Tuchrock is the formal, 4 pocket tunic. Does that make the Waffenrock the later developed Fliegerbluse? Or is the Waffenrock a...
Back