• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Lightning Sword

I guess I should get around to dropping a post in this forum. Better late than never. :shock:

The name's David, born in '63, hailing from California. I can't seem to remember if I started collecting in either '01 or '02. Whenever Marcus the HJ MGer was released. '02 I think.

I used to go by bearflag 6 or six (some of you are probaby thinking, "oh, that idiot"), but got tired of that and switched to Lightning Sword after watching one of the many Zatoichi movies one weekend.

My interests are all over the board. I've got Bond figures, horror classics figures, some modern stuff (though I did divest a large chunk of that collection last summer), ancients, Napoleonic figures, and of course the largest segment-WW II. I haven't stuck to one side or the other or theater or the other. If a figure interests me, I'll pick it up.

I don't trade much so that's why I probably didn't see the need to start a reference thread. Most of the trading I have done has been with guys I've known awhile so a reference thread was not really necessary. However since buying a 250 I figured it may be a good idea to get a reference thread going. For the aftermarket purchasing. If that makes sense? Probably not. :-P

I can't believe I'm the only guy on this board to have made a swap with David.
Don't let the lack of feed back here give you pause. David is a class A hero in my book. He just set me up with the Holy Grail of DML accessory sets, The rare and highly sought after U.S. equipment sets 1&2.
Thanks again David.

I just bought a boxed figure from David at one heck of a great price. It arrived fast and in good order. Thanks again David. Look forward to the next deal.

Boyd

Deal with David with confidence as he is what the hobby is all about - not getting raked over the coals! :lol: Purchased a hard to find M Connolly at an affordable price.

Got a very detailed figure from him for a great price and shipping was super fast for being a holiday.
Brad

I would like to join the crowd of satisfied customers. I bought a figure from David and it arrived in great shape and super fast. A great guy to do business with.

Back