• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. M

Veterans Day Tribute

As a Vietnam veteran, and disabled veteran, I want to thank our brothers and sisters in arms. There are also plenty of Americans who appreciate our service. If I may go a little off track with a story. In 1975, NYC cancelled the annual Vet Day parade. No money, they said. A single citizen...
  2. M

Marine Iwo Flag Raising

Really interesting show on Smithsonian cable last night. The show was about the picture and subsequent world wide attention of the flag raising. Seems that when Clint Eastwood made the movie, he instructed the movie property staff to outfit the actors with the correct equipment by matching...
  3. M

My new toy

Just bought this "brand new" M1 Garand Tanker. Of course, this beauty is remade from a 1944 SA Garand. An original Tanker is rare as hens teeth and would cost more than my first house. A gunsmith know as The Garand Guy, her in Joisey, reconditions all models of Garands and he does a super job...
  4. M

New Tanker helmets

Monkey Depot is taking pre-orders for a bunch of WW2 tanker helmets due out in 4/16. Do any of you "bolt counters" know the difference between the MD offers? Most have slightly differences in model numbers. Any help? Charlie
  5. M

December 7, 1941

Anybody remember? 2,700 U.S. dead but it started WW2 for us and resulted in around 400,000 U.S. war deaths. I had 11 extended family members serving in WW2, even one Marine served including my Dad and Father-in-law. All services were represented, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Army Air Corp. One...
  6. M

No matter what, Do Not Look Down

What a view.... https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/VxlKZereog0?rel=0 Charlie
  7. M

Wrong Side of Heavan

Super video with a great band, known for USO appearances and hiring Vets as band members and ALL their roadie workers, drivers, set up guys, back up. Worth your time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM Charlie
  8. M

Tanks of Fury

Tonight on the Smithsonian channel on cable is "Tanks of Fury", at 9PM EST, the story of Sherman tank crews in the final weeks of WW2. After interviews is a behind the scenes look at "Fury". Might be worth a look. Usually repeated quite a few times after the first showing. Charlie
  9. M

Charles Manson, a free man HOAX NOT REAL .NOTHING TO SEE

Charles Manson has been granted parole as of Tuesday, he will be a free man. Doesn't that make you feel great about the CA Parole Board? Sharon Tate's mother made all his parole hearing and spoke against releasing him and she stopped his parole for years. I guess he outlived her. Too bad...
  10. M

Just a general question about uniforms

For the German side..... Would German units always be wearing the exactly same uniforms, the same cammo smocks, same helmet covers? No individual tastes? I could see at the war end where different units would be blended with each others for "last stands" or men just loaded onto vehicles to...
  11. M

Question about feet

I found a deal on a Sideshow/Hot Toys Aliens Power Loader. The Ripley figure that came with the Loader had no feet. The legs just slid into the boots/sneakers/space boots and there was no pain in the butt trying to wiggle to get her feet into the footwear. I find this very helpful. Is this...
  12. M

Changing heads

I recently bought a custom Jeep (T14 37mm Gun Mount Carriage 6x6). The Jeep came with two Hasbro figs. All uniforms have been changed from the original "Joe", but the customizer left the "Joe" heads with those bland faces. Do Hasbro heads come off or do I have to strip off the entire uniform...
  13. M

Great film of German 1945 surrender

A fascinating little youtube film of German's running from the Soviets to surrender to the Allies. Every German vehicles that you can imagine, loaded down with Military and civilian?, men and women and German nurses. Every vehicles from bicycles up to Sd.Kfz 7/2 8 ton armored halftracks...
  14. M

A snowy day in the Pinelands

So here we sit with 9-10" of snow last night and looking back over todays activities. We get a call from my Son, he wants to come down and visit and play in the snowy roads through the Pinelands with his Jeep. So he is driving down the Garden State Parkway, fairly empty but passable when a...
  15. M

Question on German "wrap"

I bought a Cyber Hobby 4.7 Anti Tank Gun with figure. The figure comes with a large triangle wrap/cammo sheet. The one picture on the box shows the fig wearing the "wrap" but I don't have a clue how it fits the fig. The center head opening is close to one triangle point that the other two...
  16. M

Salute to Veterans

Well made little video. http://www.youtube.com/v/AgYLr_LfhLo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0 Charlie
  17. M

Now I've done it....... dang.

OK, so I just bought a DML 4.7cm Anti Tank gun. So after a quick and simple assembly, I'm sitting there admiring my latest addition and it strikes me. Where am I going to put it? My den/man cave/war room seems to be out of display area. I can get in more figs but my collection is mostly...
  18. M

DID SdKfz 251

A few DID "251's are popping up on eBay. Does anyone know if this DID "251" is supposed to be a model D or a C model? Does it make any difference? Charlie
  19. M

Maybe eBay has woken up.... maybe.

I've written before about the Chinese scammers offering Taowan vehicles and a few other usually expensive vehicles. The tip off is always... No Shipping, start auction at zero and the seller has zero feedback. They sell 4 or 5 vehicles at brisk auctions, then disappear after collecting their...
  20. M

The're BACK....Scammer on eBay

The eBay scammers are back. Same as before: Big ticket items for auction, he starts at $1, seller in China with zero feedback, the same stock pictures and free shipping. I mean, really, who sells a 50 pound 1/6 item with free shipping and extremely low starting price. This is the same guy...
Back