• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

1st 1/6 Model Kit Produced By Dragon!

hansalbin

Company Commander
"Dragon has announced an exciting new series of model kits. Why are they so exciting? Because they appear in the fantastic large scale of 1/6, offering modelers unparalleled detail and realism. The first item in the new range is a Kettenkrad."

What is going to follow??

Well, my first reaction is that's great news and a good solution to the shipping problems for large items. I'm disappointed it's yet another Kett. Hopefully there will be some Allied stuff one day.....

... but as I type that I have very little hope of that ever happening. I hope Dragon will prove me wrong.

K.

Grüß Di' Kameraden,

This is fantastic news! I think this will bridge the gap between the model world and the action figure world. This will also open more input by other model companies hopefully.

Horrido!

Heeresbergführer";p="87906 said:
Grüß Di' Kameraden,

This is fantastic news! I think this will bridge the gap between the model world and the action figure world. This will also open more input by other model companies hopefully.

Horrido!

My thoughts exactly. In my neck of the woods, the figures are nearly extinct in the traditional hobby shops. Perhaps we will see the return of 1/6 scale items in model and hobby shops.

This is promising, as long as they don't just re-hash previous releases instead of giving us anything new...I am all kettenkradded out... :s although I would like to see the flak trailer in kit form. But upscaling some of their 1/35 scale items into 1/6 kits (kinda like they used to do with the action figures) would be a winner.

This IS great! I have to wonder how far behind the Kubel and Schwimmwagens are.....

And just to give the Allies equal time, how about a Willys MB and a Ford GPA?

ggj11";p="87913 said:
This IS great! I have to wonder how far behind the Kubel and Schwimmwagens are.....

And just to give the Allies equal time, how about a Willys MB and a Ford GPA?
I would assume we shall see the Kubel, flak and Pak37 since the molds are already do for those
basically they are taking the poor assembler out of the pipe and having use assemble our own vehicles
well if they charge us less than im all for it

this will be great if its affordable , and they generate the sales to justify more releases !
and as stated could bring new blood into the hobby !! something sorely needed!!

toychest";p="87928 said:
It is my understanding that the MSRP will be around $95.00

For me, that is a pretty decent price. I remember paying more than that for the 1/9th scale ESCI (before it was DML) Kettenkraftrad kit more than 10 years ago.

I doubt I will get one, but I like having the option.

I think this is excellent news, and 'bravo' to DML.

It will probably attract people from other scales into the hobby, and also boost figure sales. Both are good for us guys.

I only hope they make these new models 'chunky' enough to allow a certain amount of use - most models are too fragile for the kind of stuff we do.

Do you have a link to the announcment please? Can't see anything on the DML site.

Im curious if you can get the photo-etched pieces like you can in 1/35. Could you imagine if they made Leopold in 1/6 like they did in 1/35. Im still working on that and I couldnt imagine building that thing in 1/6. Also Im wondering how far they will actually go in this line. I mean, they basically have built almost every WW2 vehicle in 1/35, it really wouldnt be that hard to convert everything up and make it in 1/6 could it? They would definately have a market for it. I guess the only real killer would be what some of these prices could be.

My other concern would be if the tracks are moveable. That is the one thing I hate about Dragom models is the way they are glued in place and dont move. Im hoping there will be some sort of pin system or something.

Brad

Hi,

If Dragon do continue this line of models, i would only want three items made in 1/6th scale.

Horch truck and Flak 38 to make this, as i made it in 1/35th scale.

http://www.afrika-korps.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1576

And the Willys jeep with the full engine and underframe detail.

Make those for me in injected moulded plastic and i would be busy for years and die happy.

Gary

Dragon kett kit

I think that it is a great idea, now I won't feel guilty repainting, or customizing one. Hopefully though this isn't just a gimmick that will lead to a dead end product line with one or two kits produced :( . I hope that we see many more new vehicle kits on the horizon!

I have to say, this is great news! I take it this will be all polystyrene, and even if that can be somewhat brittle, I think it will make for good details, light weight and easy conversions. Good things all around. Thank you sirs!

Back