• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

A few other projects in the works

PolishandProud

Marksman
So a new era that I have gotten into lately is the post US Civil war, pre Spanish American War years of the Indian campaigns. There was a lot of experimenting going on with uniforms and equipment by the U.S. army, and it’s this great time period we start to see some of the things that are icons of the “Wild West”, such as cartridge revolvers, cartridge belts, and the like. I really like the look of the 1876 time frame as it is just an absolute hodgepdoge of new and old stuff. And in keeping with my general like for infantry, I have an 1876 and 1880(ish) infantry man set up, and an 1876 cavalryman. Most of the uniforms and equipment are battlegear toys, with a few modifications. The leather cartridge belts are theirs, but I took some strips of leather and wove it through the belts to make the loops for the cartridges. The haversacks the infantrymen carry are both battlegear Spanish American war haversack that I have painted the flap of and added the white U.S. and cloth sling to, to give the outward appearance of a model 1874 haversack. The 1876 infantryman and cavalryman both wear civil war sack coats, as these were still numerous in number and cheaper to use and ruin than the new issued 1872 and 1874 jackets.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1622.jpeg
    IMG_1622.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1625.jpeg
    IMG_1625.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1628.jpeg
    IMG_1628.jpeg