• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Amphtrack Model With Soldier Figures from "Pacific"

I have seen this before some time ago. But thanks for finding it out there still. It looks like a beautifully made prop model. I wish I had the disposable income for it. The hardest part to get right and make look good is the tracks. Otherwise it's a pretty simple vehicle without a lot of difficult curves and such. I still have my original Desimone One. It's pretty rough and under scale but it does float good even with soldiers in it so it's fun to play around with.

"this piece features a hook on front for a wench"

Is that standard issue for USMC vehicles ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I believe it is. One of the benefits to overseas rotation.

This is a pretty neat model as a prop replica but for someone looking for an accurate display piece it's still going to need a fair amount of work. Still very cool though.

I have seen this before some time ago.

Me too, Tim!

I think my club passed the link around via e-mail in 2010 when we were discussing our Pacific photoshoot.

It's a pretty cool piece - and crazy that they used early DML figures to crew it, too.

Reese - thanks for the throw back!

:!:

Fred

I guess the Dragon figures were just as expected and a natural shortcut for the effects team, just as Action Man figures were used for for the miniature Space Marines in Moonraker and GI Joes were used in Raiders of the Lost Ark (the scene in which the German soldiers were decimated by the power of the Ark). Miniature budgets must need to get bigger as 12" figures get more expensive!

Back