• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Bronco deluxe 700 sheet roll

SLICK7

Company Commander
2 Privates and a Lieutenant from the 101st are making their way back behind friendly lines.

2ndarm001.jpg

As they walk along side a briar patch the lead Trooper hears groaning in the patch.

2ndarm002.jpg

PVT 1 (whispering): "Sir I see somebody in there moving. Must be a Kraut! He's wearing camo. His rifle is against a tree. Should I shoot 'em? I'm gonna let him have it!"

2ndarm003.jpg

LT (Quietly): "Hold on. We don't know if there's 50 of the SOBs in there. I don't like our odds if there is. Let me get out my phrase book."

2ndarm004.jpg

PVT: "I think he's taking a crap! He is taking a crap."

2ndarm005.jpg

PVT2: "He has no idea that we are here."

2ndarm006.jpg

LT (Yelling as he reads from his German Phrase Book): Kein Bewegung! (Don't move.) Wir sind amerikanische soldaten! (We are American Soldiers!)
VOICE FROM THE WOODS: "No speako Germano!"

2ndarm007.jpg

LT: Machen sie keine Geschicten! (Don't try any tricks.)
VOICE FROM THE WOODS: What??

2ndarm008.jpg

LT: Hande Hoch! (Raise your Hands.) Ergeben Sie sich! (Surrender) Wenn sie nicht Gehorehen. Schiesse ich! (obey or I'll fire!)
VOICE FROM THE WOODS: I'm American! I don't speak Nazi! I'm coming out. Leaving my rifle here!"
PVT 1: "He's pulling up his pants. I think it's a trick.
LT: "Hold on. You don't want to shoot a friendly."

2ndarm009.jpg

A soldier emerges from the woods.
"Don't shoot. Please for God sakes lower your weapons. I'm American. 2nd Armor Division."
PVT 1: "What the hell?"
PVT 2: "I'll be damned. What are you duck hunting?"
LT: "Keep your hands where I can see 'em!"

2ndarm010.jpg

"Private Joe Savage, 2nd Armor Division."

2ndarm011.jpg

LT: "I WILL be damned! You are an American. US Army too."

2ndarm012.jpg

"Can I put my hands down?"

2ndarm013.jpg

"My Company is just down the road around the bend. You guys literally scared the S*IT out of me! I think I'm still behind the lines?"

2ndarm014.jpg

PVT2: "If we didn't think we were close to friendly lines you would be toast. What's with the duck hunter camo?"

2ndarm015.jpg

LT: "Who cares about the uniform. Is that a glorious roll of Bronco Deluxe 700 sheet per roll toilet paper ? The only roll in France!!"

2ndarm016.jpg

2nd ARMOR PVT: "With all due respect I'll take that sir. If you wanted it you should have shot me. My buddies would not mourn my loss but if that roll don't make it back to HQ they will be mourning. And they will shoot me!"

2ndarm017.jpg

2ndarm018.jpg

2ndarm019.jpg

2ndarm020.jpg

The German phrases I used came from the "German Phrase Book" shown above. It was published 11/30/1943.

Thanks for looking. Please let me know what you think. Slick

It was worn by the 2nd Armored Division in Europe. Problem was, the US Army forgot to tell the other Divisions in Europe so the 2nd Armored Division was falling victim to friendly fire at a higher rate than usual. I found this pic at g503.com. The Alamo Scouts wore this version in the Pacific. The uniform on this figure came from Cotswald's Alamo Scout figure.

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=142175

Well when you have to go, you just have to go I suppose...Great story-telling enhanced by great-looking figures - always grand to see the smallest of details (like the German phrase book) put into such a scene.

The camouflage HBT uniform was only used briefly in the ETO (and was originally designed for use in the Jungle environment) but was found to be, as stated, the cause of friendly-fire due to wearers being mistaken for Germans (who were the predominant camouflage wearers at the time).

41 Arm'd Inf Bn (2 Arm'd Div) was issued the uniform on a large scale but I've also found references to some snipers wearing it as well.

Thanks for sharing...

Steve

Thanks Steve. I greatly appreciate the feedback. My favorite part of doing these dios is making the small "not out of any box" detail items. However, the small stuff that I am capable of making pales in comparison to what some of the guys on this site create. Again, thanks for looking. Sid

Thanks Fred. Seems to me the German Phrase Book is a hit. Anybody that wants one send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll make one for you. Keep in mind that most of the pages are dummy pages.
Sid Maycock
103 Washington Ave.
Williamstown, NJ 08094

Back